ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cambelt - which one?

Clio 172 Cup
My car is a (PH2) 172 cup with no air conditioning.

Can someone drop a link for the correct place to pick up the right items for my car?

Everything needed for a full cambelt / aux belt service.

Found the right person to do the work for me, just need to gather all the bits! :)

Clio 172 Cup
That was the first place I checked!!!

what’s the difference between the ac and non ac kits?

could I get a normal one and buy any other bits I need elsewhere / separately? Or is it not that simple

seems to be much more ££ for the non ac model, I’m prob missing something here (hence asking!)

cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
That was the first place I checked!!!

what’s the difference between the ac and non ac kits?

could I get a normal one and buy any other bits I need elsewhere / separately? Or is it not that simple

seems to be much more ££ for the non ac model, I’m prob missing something here (hence asking!)

cheers

The non ac one is for your Cup.

Non ac kit is cheaper than the AC kit, £360 ish vs £430 ish

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
For some reason there are no Genuine Renault cambelt and aux belt kits for 1*2s. Hopefully it's only a temporary thing and not NLA 😕
@indy . The aux belt kit for a 172 cup is slightly different but the cambelt kit is the same as other 1*2s.
You could always email RPD and ask why they're not in stock.
This is the kit you need.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, does anyone know where I can get one this week?

ive seem some sellers on ebay but they appear to be selling kits with some genuine Renault parts, and other non genuine bits in the kits ?!

not sure where to go really, I’m not in any immediate rush and I’d happily buy things bit by bit if I need to, to get the whole kit!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks, does anyone know where I can get one this week?

ive seem some sellers on ebay but they appear to be selling kits with some genuine Renault parts, and other non genuine bits in the kits ?!

not sure where to go really, I’m not in any immediate rush and I’d happily buy things bit by bit if I need to, to get the whole kit!
You have to be very careful and read how they word the advert. They might say genuine in the description but not "genuine Renault". Lots of sellers do this with Brembo brake discs and pads. They'll pair up some cheap discs with genuine Brembo pads.

Ive seen some adverts on ebay, and like you say. Some parts are genuine and some aren't. It seems to be bits like water pumps that aren't genuine. Maybe you don't need your water pump replacing? Then the rest of the kit is genuine and you're good to go.

I'd drop RPD a message first and see when they think they're going to be back in stock.