ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup -£700 to spend

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
So I've got approx 700 -800 on credit at Bubble and Kick racing, I'd like a bit more oomph, what's the best way for this money. Or should I just get it refunded and spend it on driver training / track days?

Stripped yozza'd cup
There's no way of getting a considerable amount more power out of a Clio without spending silly money.... ie. ITB's, turbo, 'charged.

Get your money back and buy some Bilstein coilovers

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
There's no way of getting a considerable amount more power out of a Clio without spending silly money.... ie. ITB's, turbo, 'charged.

Get your money back and buy some Bilstein coilovers

Got AST II Coilovers, stripped interior, bucket seats, brembo disks, momo wheel, extra set of speedline wheels with r888's, full cage etc etc, just lacking oomph

MK3 GTI golf 16v
about £1200 for the kit. see some proper performance gains off of it though

you could do 182 manifold and remap, will get an increase but wont be enormous. it will better power delivery though due to the map

could look at camshafts, not sure on prices for them, think there a cheaper option though, about £700

Lionel Richie
how do you have that much credit with B+K?? Are they any good because i had one of their meganes nearly cause me to have a big crash!

Italian 3.2 V6
Save up more and get ITB's or an RS2 or even cams. Id choose ITB's mind.

But for your budget your prob best getting matched inlets, exhaust, v6 box and a good live map to tie it all together.

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
how do you have that much credit with B+K?? Are they any good because i had one of their meganes nearly cause me to have a big crash!

I was thinking of doing the MSV Trophy next year so ordered a few bits like engine cut off, car fire extinguisher system and changed my mind. They set up my AST's well, very happy with handling, so far apart from that they've just ripped out the interior for me and put on wheel studs, i've been happy so far, one very minor niggle, they moved the leccy window switches to the centre of the car and one doesn't work, but then i rushed them to give the car back as i had a track day to do so i'll take the blame for that one.

They're the official support team for the MSV Trophy so i would have thought they're pretty good to be doing that.

I got Mark Fish to build the car so it's pretty damn good, i found that the AST's were to soft how they were originally set up, i was wallowing around and taking out wheel arches, my mate did the B+K website and suggested i gave them a go, they're only in Basildon and i'm in Billericay so very convenient, just 5 mins down the road.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
Must've been a punter having instruction, going down the main straight at Donnington and i was about to go down the left of it and it just moved across on me!

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Must've been a punter having instruction, going down the main straight at Donnington and i was about to go down the left of it and it just moved across on me!

Ahh i thought you meant that you owned one of their early race prepped cars and it was a bag 'o' shite and nearly killed you... phewww was worried there!

260% JCW
I Wouldn't bother with the 182 manifold TBH, I'd put the credit plus a little of my own cash towards ITB's.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Have you got a Rear ARB, made my cup much better to drive once fitted, in fact I would go as far as saying its one of the best (If not the best) value for money Mod I have had fitted.