ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup 1500rpm rattle

pt1

clio 172 cup
when my clio 172 cup revs between appprox 1500-1700rpm it makes a rattle/buzz which sounds exactly as if the bafflers have gone in the exhaust,with the standard exhaust being pretty old i replaced it with a custom made cat back stainless steel item including a new rear exhaust mount but the sound remains.any ideas what it could be??? :dapprove: many thanks

Titanium 182
Could be exhaust mount, engine mount, exhaust gasket seal (around the end of the cat). Mine's just started making the same sound, my 172 did it and just playing with the exhaust mount got rid of the problem - if you look under the car when you rev it you'll see the exhaust is moving excessively causing it to knock against the heat shields!

pt1

clio 172 cup
thanks for your help,ill have a look under tomorrow,just got new exhaust on today,gutted when it still made the noise!! think the car needs new engine mounts,so the sound will just be the exhaust vibrating against the heat shield because of that?