ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup - differences to the standard 172's

Clio 172 Cup
Clio 172 Cup - differences to the 172's - cat c track car

I'm thinking of buying a cat c damaged 172 cup (not off ebay). What I want to know is what the differences are in the bodies/chassis/suspension arms from a standard 172.

The car has light front end damage.

Just need to know if the parts will be easy to get hold of and what do you think the costs of parts will be for the damage shown in the pictures.

Airbags have not been deployed.

I want to turn it into a track/race car.

FV_302760_1.jpg

FV_302760_2.jpg

FV_302760_7.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
still worth it if i buy it for £1000 or less?

at least if it is a "no go" i can strip it and at least sell the parts of it, engine, g/box etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Unless you were buying it to break it.

Clio 172 Cup
depending on how much it sells for (auction) i may just go for it. dismantle all the front end, see what the damage is, if easy to repair will repair, otherwise will just sell the parts from it. You should be able to get the money back, easy fixed or not fixed.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Sry m8 but you'll not get that for a grand, coz i'll get it if it goes for that! And i do know where it comes from.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Might go for the black one instead

both cat c, either will do.

do you have an account? i used to have one but has expired, so will just use a mate account.

don't you dare bid for the cup! :evil:

Lol!

Yeah ive an account with these m8, had one for years.

The only thing id say about the cup and its damage is to check the cambelts not snapped or the aux belt hasnt either as im sure you know the expense of repairing these.

Ive never yet bidded online there id rather go an look at the car itself as ive seen a lot of cars on the pics look mint or little damage but when you get there its not showed all the damage or isnt in that good condition to start with.

Im not going to bid on either m8 (i usually go to a different one near me) but out of the 2 id say to go for the black one, less damage and you can get some cash back when you strip/sell the interior etc. :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
look at the right hand top mount, looks fooked in the pic?