ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Issue

Kawasaki ER6N
Right had my cup for a month or so now and when I first got it I noticed a single knock when I let off the accelerator in mainly first, second and sometimes third, ie pull off in first up to 3-4k lift off to change gear and there is just one knock coming from what sounds like the centre of the engine which I can only guess is the manifold hitting the bulkhead.

Second issue that has only started over the past few days is a rattle when the revs are over 4.5k in any gear when moving or at a standstill just revving the engine.

It sounds metallic like a bolt and washer are loose it only does it above 4.5k so I am unsure if this is connected to the above or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kawasaki ER6N
Right the rattle has been diagnosed as a loose manifold to cat bolt and we think the knock is coming from the gearbox mount.

Clio 172 Cup
i have a f**ked gearbox mount on my cup and I have a knock every time I come to a quick stop. I put it down to a balljoint but everything seems fine.