ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup or clio 182?? which to buy?

MINI JCW
furry_cup said:
182's are for pussys who cant handle the pace and need comforts like AC to keep cool when they get scared of going fast.

Ive heard a 172 cup is a poor mans 182

306 TD Slut
it is in some peoples opinion.. but its still a renault which means they are both poorly built and will blow up..

BMW 535D
lol wot have i started here?? leaning ever more towards the 182 because i do travel a lot to work and uni during the week so need a balance between comfort and performance :)

306 TD Slut
i love the comfort of my cup. drove 500 miles when i first got it and loved it, more comfy than my leather 106 gti interior. as for AC.. never goes about 25 degree's in this country anyway!

good luck with that 182, hope it works out for ya matey!

sxi boy said:
need a balance between comfort and performance :)

There's no balance, there's f**k all difference in performance.

Furrycup i hope you remember that next time you are sat in traffic in the summer sweating your sack off in traffic with the blower just circulating warm air round the cabin ;)

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
My cup has been it getting some warrenty work done , so ive been driving my bros 182 around , it just feels the same as my old 172 !, got back in the cup and boy you can feel a differance the car just feels so right , perfectly balanced car , and when it comes on cam there is such a noticable diffrance in the cup ! no offence but the 182 just feels heavy ! and as ive proven many times my cup is faster than the 182 ff , That on rd and track . just stop f**king about and buy a cup you wont regret it . 182 is still a nice car it just feels a bit wooly .

You shouldnt overlook a ph1 172, you would get the rawness of the cup but with all the pussy bits of a 182, i mint low miler with a few suspension mods would be just as envolving to drive as a cup plus you could save youself 3 grand. Its true about the 182 feeling "wooly", they just feel too safe and quiet were as the ph1 can be quite scarey and difficult at times which all adds to the excitement of owning one.
Any one read the article in this months evo about the guy who loves driving his deisel van purely because its so difficult to drive, and ultimatly more exciting than any safety concious sports car?

BMW 535D
furry_cup said:
good luck with that 182, hope it works out for ya matey!

cheers mate!! got it for £8750, car is immaculate, no scratches, kerb marks Or anythin!! just had 2 michelin pilot exalto's on the front aswel!!

hope this clio is a bit more reliable than my old valver!! lol

BMW 535D
will do once ive got sum hostage! think its about time i became a proper member - lol

arctic blue looks a LOT better in real life than in any of the pics ive seen!!

Best car ive ever had, love it too bits!! much faster than my old cars! Just gotta sell my vts now - lol any takers?? :p