ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup track advice

172 cup
I've recently got a 172 cup to use as a track car and looking for advice on mods/upgrades that are recommended to improve the car for track days.

I've done my first track day exactly as I got it just to make sure the car was up to the job and I think it did very well, not one problem from a full day at teeside autodrome. I spoke to a member from this site who did give some advice but didn't catch his name.
So far the car has:
Lowering springs ( cooksport I think)
Brembo hc discs
Front mintex pads
Pannel filter
Cat back exhaust(now removed as very big and noisy and not my cup of tea so back to standard) free if anyone wants it, located in tyne and wear. Twin 2" round tail pipe.

So as I will be using the car as a daily driver I'm not looking to strip or roll cage, just looking for slightly uprating handling and power if possible. Not looking to go too far at the moment.
Any recommendations welcome. Thanks

been said/done to death but whiteline arb. also got a track cup. bedford without it at the start of the year........ bit of a mess. now 100% better with it on. cheap and does a great job.

Renault Clio 172 cup
A mates been trackdaying a Clio for about a year now,and I,ve just bought a 172 Cup to do the same ( stepping up from Almera gti ). He has pretty much done the lot to his, but brakes and tyres are the first things to get right.
Tyres-888,s or equivalent if possible, but if not ad08,s, rsr,s, will do. Brakes, braided hoses, track pads, and decent discs is the bare minimum. He is finding it still underbraked and is looking to upgrade to 4 pots ( he,s a very quick driver though ). As above whiteline rear arb definetely helps ( and looks cool from behind ). Coilovers are the next step but are a good few quid.
I,d get the handling sorted before you start making it faster as realistically this will help you be much quicker on track in the long run.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I was lucky to get tony for some tuition/advice in the first session on the morning last time. :)