ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 exhaust rattle

clio 172 exhaust rattle around 4500 rpm
i thought i was a heat sheild , but i have been proved wrong
anyone with a clio mk1 mk2 172 had this prob

shorty:)

Shorty you have been around the forum long enough to know what that is, you are just a little mailto:tw@t">tw@t that most likely cant even drive yet? Does this all sound familiar?

i have this on my n reg 16v, the exhausts was replaced a few months ago and the rattle comes and goes, i kicked it once and it went away for a while.

please someone help me and shorty, if you hate shorty just help me plese

epic - Had a similar problem on my Williams after I had a decat pipe fitted. I think the exhaust system passes over rear axle and if not fitted properly it rattles and buzzes on it. Extremely annoying. Id take it back to where the work was done and ask them to take a look at it. I was fed some bullsh*t about it being normal on decats. :mad: Its not, its just bad workmanship. Get them to sort it out.

Clio 1.6 16V

Shorty mate, if your talking about the standard 172 exhaust, the best thing you can do is bin it, save your pennies and get yourself a decent K-Tec or Magnex CAT back. What you describe sounds like the stanadrd system baffle problem (4K rattle). The after market systems sound much better (as Reno should have done standard) and get rid of all your rattles/buzzes and tinging noises. I have the Magnex which sounds nice and reasonably quiet. Drove my mates Cup with a twin pipe K-Tec this afternoon. Its a bit louder at lower revs but sounds awsome when you give it some beans. Neil

Clio 1.6 16V

Doing just nicely in this heat thanks! ;) Im saving my pennies at the mo for my Unichip. The Scottish Dastek dealer is about to open his new premises later this month.