ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 (not cup)owners, help needed

i wondered if you could tell me how long your spare wheel securing bolt is in the boot ?, as i got a cup and my bolt isnt long enough to hold the spare wheel, i wondered if the 172 was longer.

thx in advance

shaun

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its easily long enough to hold the spare wheel and the toolkit. The wheel has to be upside-down (outside of wheel facing down), to give the toolkit somewhere to live.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by 172cup_nut on 12 July 2004

so the 172 bolt is longer than the cup one ??
Do you have a spare wheel as standard? No.

Thats why he asked 172 owners.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 12 July 2004

so the 172 bolt is longer than the cup one ??
Do you have a spare wheel as standard? No.

Thats why he asked 172 owners.

Hes the original poster Tom!!

If you got a 172 the spare wheel goes face down with the tool kit sat inside the spare.

172, Tiguan

Obviously when I bought the climate they also gave me a free longer bolt, because I can get a spare wheel and the toolkit to fit :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 12 July 2004

Its easily long enough to hold the spare wheel and the toolkit. The wheel has to be upside-down (outside of wheel facing down), to give the toolkit somewhere to live.
yes i know this ,but my bolt wont fit ?

Well mine is different from that, for one thing mine is yellow and doesnt have the sticky-out handle, instead two short flaps thaqt you use to turn it.... maybe the 172 (not cup) one is a bit shorter cos you only have the toolkit and not the spare too?

Like Mike says, goto ya local dealer and talk to them and try and 172 one and see dude :)

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 12 July 2004

Well mine is different from that, for one thing mine is yellow and doesnt have the sticky-out handle, instead two short flaps thaqt you use to turn it.... maybe the 172 (not cup) one is a bit shorter cos you only have the toolkit and not the spare too?

Like Mike says, goto ya local dealer and talk to them and try and 172 one and see dude :)
is yours longer, and do you have same tool kit

<Roamers blah blah blah>
Thats a bit of a personal question lol ;) - but yes :p

But back onto the subject of the toolkit bolt thingy..... Im not sure cos I aint got a scale to work from

<Roamers blah blah blah>
Thats a bit of a personal question lol ;) - but yes :p

But back onto the subject of the toolkit bolt thingy..... Im not sure cos I aint got a scale to work from
lol. my bolt is about 5 inches

When you cup develops faults like they all do and you return it to the dealer, Make sure you get a curtasy car and steal it...

Sorted!!!

[Edited by richie_jones on 12 July 2004 at 9:29pm]

Not the car just the nut!!!

does the cup not have wider wheels hence why the bolt seems too short? even tho the one with my mk1 172 is yellow and looks nowt like the pics above?

the cup does have wider wheels, but not by enough, i have been to dealers and ordered a 172 item, i think its about the same size but the 172 item goes further into the tool kit, the cup one has a flat top therefore wont go into the toolkit,it just sits onto the top, it cost me £2.50, but of course they dont have them in stock so i gotta wait for it to come, mind you if its like when i order anything from them theyy will either forget to order it, or order the cup one ?, anyway i will let you konw if it fits when i get it (might help peeps in the future.