ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 OBD - Oil Temperature?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Hi All,

Recently completed turbo converting my 172 and as such need to get some gauges on the go, i took a punt on an Autool X60 (Chinesium grade gauge thing that uses OBD) to see what it would read as I've used the torque apps on VAG 1.8t's before which display a fair amount of data. The gauge seems to work fine but there's one thing thats making me slightly suspicious...

Oil Temperature, the OBD Gauge seems to have no problem displaying this... but as far as i'm aware the 172's (mine being a 53 plate so parts binned before the 182 launch) don't have a factory Oil Temp sender? Where is it pulling this data from? Sits at around 85deg C on idle and ramps up to about 105deg C on a bit of a fast blast. Should I trust it? I'm planning on some gauges once payday comes around but this was a cheap and cheerful (and luckily functional) little unit

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
No oil temp sensor as standard, it must be making it up off coolant temp or something.

That's what i had thought, i've got the coolant temp logged also, and it shows a different value. It might have some sort of relationship between the two programmed in?

dan's cast offs.
Numberwang.

Chuck a propper gauge on.
20181002_173235.jpg