ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Clio 172 Oil Leak**

Took my car in for its 24k service on sat.... not a happy chap!

Car is a 51 plate mk2 172. After its service I was told they had discovered an oil leak on the car and suspected it to be a crankshaft oil seal. As the car is past the first year of its warranty, I would have to be the bearer of all costs and then Renault would givea contribution towards it. They want 2 hours labour to identify the fault (£65 per hour). I have been on to renault uk, who have confirmed that this would be the case! In my opinion this should not happen on a car with less than 30k miles on it!!!! They also want me to pay for the rattly exhaust, even though they know there is a fault on it and that a lot of 172s have this prob!

They have said that if I get enough response about this fault, and of the exhaust fault and send it in to Renault UK Ltd then they will look in to it and perhaps look more favourably.....

Please add your thoughts & Expoeriences!!!!

Rgds

Ant

which reno was that at? if you can get your car to a reno out in the stix theyl prob do it for half the price. city dealers charge what they like cos they know they will get a lot of trade.

It was Arnold Clarke in Warrington..

They also said my discs and pads need replacing all the way round on its next service... and on the schedule said 30% wear!!

Mate thats awful - they are just trying to squeeeeeeze every last penny outa you! You should try a country dealer (if you can find one!) I drive a clio 95 valva and renault tried the same thing on me - went to an independant garage and it was soooooooo much cheaper - they also dont try and swindle you for more money - get lots more quotes if you can - i nearly made the same mistake!!

My thoughts exactly! They are just saying the same thing over and over, basically I have to pay! I have a warranty from Trad Sales aswell so am gonna see if that will cover me...

You really dont xpect that from a car that is only just 2 yrs old!

golf

Thats Arnold Shark for you! I used to work for them, not a Renault dealer but a Honda one and they were just as bad! My advice go to another reno dealer but not an Arnold Shark one!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the only trouble with that oil leak is thats its near the timing belt.if the oil gets on the timing belt it could snap and that would be even more exspensive.try and sort this asap if i was you.