ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 or 182? help is needed

cly

clio sport
yes i am worried because i know i have paid to much because its not a 182. i have proof of purchase as that so i will be on to trading standards to find out exactly where i stand. the garage will know that they are in the wrong but could still make things hard regarding the money! but hopefully know where i stand and being clued up on my rights i will manage to get everything sorted

A ANIMAL
yes i am worried because i know i have paid to much because its not a 182. i have proof of purchase as that so i will be on to trading standards to find out exactly where i stand. the garage will know that they are in the wrong but could still make things hard regarding the money! but hopefully know where i stand and being clued up on my rights i will manage to get everything sorted

TBH, the garage could have bought the car at auction and just taken the details they were passed. As you have said if they have based the selling price on the current market value for a 182 then they owe you some money. they wont have any grounds to counter your claim as they have mis sold a car.

Monaco 172 (02)
Without sounding harsh didnt you do any background research into the differences between 182 etc. and notice the value of a 2003 2.0?

Clio 182FF
First things first they may have made a genuine mistake, so all internet super heros aside go in and see the dealer your bought it from and see what they say. They may offer you money back or a full refund because if they're a good garage they will know they're in the wrong.

THEN if they give you any jip, kick off with momentum! Do it the right way rather than going in there demanding this and that and looking like a c**k.

Monaco 172 (02)
Well to be honest even if they have made a mistake by calling it a 182 over a 172 and charge 182 price I'd still rather know where I stand when I walk in there for the sake of a phone call to Trading Standards.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Well to be honest even if they have made a mistake by calling it a 182 over a 172 and charge 182 price I'd still rather know where I stand when I walk in there for the sake of a phone call to Trading Standards.

Car can be returned within the allotted legal timespan & the OP has this opportunity with a valid reason-

Without having a reply an 03 Blue mon on those miles on a forecourt would be around 4k I guess- maybe a tad more-

If they sold it as a 182- maybe 5k....-

Lets hope the OP can get their money back-
S

R27, Deep Black
For everybody thats askin i said earlier in the thread that I got a HPI check on it, and its came up with 4 previous owners and that its a Renault Clio Sport 16v. Thats it, doesnt have any other information.

Liambo.

Lionel Richie
im in aberdeen.

right i have phoned renault they said " cant find your car using the number plate" so i gave them the chassie number they say this car was assigned to cyprus but never went so renualt cannot tell me what is is. not much use.

insurance - well some say its a 182 and so say is a 172. not any use either.

starting to wish i dnt buy this car!

its an import too then!

i'm guessing you paid near to £6K for a car worth at max £3.5-4K (non uk car)

the early 182's were on 53plates for reference

cly

clio sport
all has been sorted and the deal has been reversed.

suprisingly helpful witht he mention of trading standards

None
Good for you, look on the bright side, at least you will know the next one you buy will be an absolute stunner after all this information you gathered on here :)

Just as a small aside, i recently bought mine and i was looking at paying approximately 4.5 k for a 54 plate 172 cup with 35k on the clock or around 6.5k for really good 182 54 plates with 35k on the clock, remember though these were trade prices and not private........and remember to get it fully hpi checked too......:)

cly

clio sport
i have been looking into them and there is so much choice. do do i tell the car has the cup suspension pack? is there something that is a give away?

172 cup low miles all seem to be 5k here.

Peddled device
Or better still join Cliosport for a tenner and read the guides on here...very helpful.Could be the best tenner you've spent ;)

54 plate, Arctic Blue 182
not to be an arse, it will say it on V5, plus the 182 is so easy to spot by the rear exhaust :(

think you just went in ill prepared and didnt check the papers :dead: