ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph1 Arch Rust

Clio 172
Hi all,

I need advice, while washing my car the other day i noticed rust on the Front drivers side arch on my clio 172 ph1, its on the inside but was worried that it will spread to the outside?

Has anyone has experience with Rust on there Clios? And any advice is welcome.

P.S Its not really bad at the moment, im just worried for the future it is french after all :p

Thanks in Advance

Tony

Black Gold with cup packs
If theres rust get it rubbed down, treated and resprayed asap it will only get worse.

Lots of Alfas
It shouldnt be rusting there. Do you mean the metal bit that the plastic arch liners do not cover?? Have you got any pics??

iirc there is a 10 year anti perforation warrenty on them so take it to your dealer and get them to sort it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i went to have a look at a W reg 172 when i was buying and the rear arches were rotten as hell

CS Dungeon
Renaults have a 12year anti corrosion warranty, as long as your service book is stamped upto date and they have done the correct bodywork inspection during its service.

Clio 172
Hi, thanks for the replies, i apologise it is actually the rear arches not the front, and it is were the plastic inner arch joins the arch if u know what i mean.

I will try and get pictures up, btw about this warranty my service book is stamped all correctly but recently i got it serviced by another garage and not renault, will this affect it?

Thanks in advance

Tony

visualize whirled pe
Not sure about the manufacturer warranty, never owned a car new enough to have one! I'd imagine it all has to be Renault, my dad's merc has a 30 year corrosion and bodywork warranty but that has to keep going back to mercedes for it to apply.

My clio (2001) has lovely smooth inner aches because I dry them then wax them after each wash.
Try to tackle the rust now because if they salt the roads this winter it'll be much worse next year!!

CS Dungeon
Hi, thanks for the replies, i apologise it is actually the rear arches not the front, and it is were the plastic inner arch joins the arch if u know what i mean.

I will try and get pictures up, btw about this warranty my service book is stamped all correctly but recently i got it serviced by another garage and not renault, will this affect it?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Give Renault Uk a call will be your best bet. However i'm sure you have a strong case:)

Clio 172
Ok im really stressed now! i phoned renault and they have told me no my car is not covered and then she put the phone down on me...

I have checked my handbook and so on and cant see anything to back up my case of having this warranty? has anyone any advice and any proof of this 10 / 12 anti corrosion warranty?

Any help appreciated

Tony :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I claimed quite recently on my 2001 ph-1 172 for rust on the tailgate. All renaults come with 12 year anti corrosion warranty. Take it to a Renault Acvcident repair centre like i did. They'll take photos and send them to renault. Renault will then decide.

IF your car has been repaired on the arch before in its life, then they will not cover it.

Hope this helps.

Clio 172
Thanks for the reply,

When you say a renault repair centre do you mean just a renault bodyshop?

What has me confused is that she took my number plate and said no its not covered? does this mean it may have had previous damage before i purchased the car?

Thanks in advance

Tony

did you phone Renault UK customer services, or your local dealer?

RUK Customer Services should be your point of contact.

Clio 172
I phoned Renault Birmingham (Local Dealer)

So its best to phone renault uk? does anyone have the phne number handy? Why is there any difference between the two? or is it just that dealers dont wanna know and are fobbing me off?

Thanks in advance

Tony