ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 PH1 Rally Car - Fuel pump starts after ignition switch off!?!?

Clio 172
Morning.

I have a Clio 172 PH1 Rally Car.

Engine is mechanically standard, although the ECU has had the airbag stuff and immobiliser / alarm removed. It also has locking / unlocking from the key. Last night I noticed that after a short period of time (about a minute) after turning off the ignition, the fuel pump comes to life. It continued to run for a few minutes and eventually I disconnected the battery. The car is usually storeds with the battery disconnected. The car starts, drives absolutely fine.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Is it a problem - is there some kind of warm down going on?

Thanks.

Clio 172
PS, post above should say no remote locking / unlocking from the key, I have to use the key in the door.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The fuel pump has a relay in the engine fuse box. Maybe its stuck in one position or there's something problem with the live from the ecu which controls it