ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph1 Throttle body With İncreased Diameter

clio rs 2000
here is a project about my old throttle body it was bad in idle and sticky. previously i fixed it and polished it also ported inside of it
the last job is disassemble it machine the whole throttle body and make a larger flap
the tb is ready to use i will polish it in a few days like a mirror

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Nice work. What is the best fix for a sticky throttle body because mine it sticking like a b*** and its really annoying.

clio rs 2000
Nice work. What is the best fix for a sticky throttle body because mine it sticking like a b*** and its really annoying.

the main reason is the flap is going right side also this sands the walls of the throttle body in time and your idle will increase
in the picture you can see 2 small starlock washers you can fix it with this
if you take your tb out open and close it you can see that its not closing nicely and something holding the flap
after that take out the potentiometer out you will see there is a small clearence between washer and tb push the tb left and fix the washer while presing its arms to not going back again
in this tb i used 2 washers because its setting losed it time you can also use 3 of them to be more stronger.
the other thing sometimes if you push more than left its needed there will be again a little problem so then push it a little right
you can find the best by openin and closing the flap by hand if you cant hear a sound or rubbing thats will be nice and than apply the washers
you will see tb is ok than if you havent got a idle problem

by the way the washer is under the potentiometer if you take it of you can see it

you can also find it put some water in tb if the water falls quickly that tb makes you idle problems

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Ok I'll give this and also the guide a go. Last question, it took me 4 attempts to start it this morning i think this is down to the tb too?

clio rs 2000
it can be the idle valve or coolant temp sensor
if you idle is too low you can increase it form your tb it has an small screw behind the plastic wheel

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm going to be honest, I think you've kind of ruined your light throttle control. The shape of the housing is such that only one side opens up at light throttle, giving nice fine light throttle. With boring it out you've turned it into an on/off switch. It wont lose you anything big, but will be much more likely to kangaroo

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1
I did it im my sport. 2,3mm same! more will be dangerous to break the TB.

Let met tell you something.. i dont know if you did it.
You must polish the Manifold also. Because thats the problem.
You increase the diameter but.. you still having same diameter on the Manifold.. so you can polish that with dremel yo remove the little wall of alluminium. that appear in the picture.

show you before and after

mariposa1.jpg

dsc06866xf.jpg

Attachments

• mariposa1.jpg
    mariposa1.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 145
  clio rs 2000
yes you are true it also needs to port the manifold entry
also there wont be a problem for light tb control
i made an megane 225 tb last day and it works fine
here is a few photos after polisihing it we cant test the 172 one because it is rainy here
it may need a little fuel pressure increase

i am going to make a 64mm flap for another tb in a week

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1
i did that job that increase the fuel pressure.
also i had little modification ond the cylinder head and catcams.
when i finish the first 1000kms i will go to a dynojet to remap the car.