ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph2 stalk controls and satnav

Renault Clio 172
Hi guys,

Bought a 172 in December. Anyway I want to swap the standard headunit for an aftermarket one with bluetooth. However I dont want to lose the stalk control functionality. How easy is it to make the new headunit work with the stalk controls? And what will I need. Unfortunately I haven't bought a head unit yet not sure if this makes a difference. Also I have the built in satnav which i'm told is rare as hens teeth in a 172. It doesnt work though as it cant get a gps signal, my radio wont pick up any stations either. Does anyone know if they share an antenna.

Cheers Ollie

Yeah sat nav is very rare on them. You might have the wrong roof aerial / antenna base ? It should be flat and is different to non sat nav cars. Check the wiring too, it should run up the passenger side rear pillar.
To be honest though, even with updated maps, it's pretty pants these days.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Welcome.
It'll be shocking, I'd just abandon using it altogether. Maybe retrofit a newer system into the screen housing?

Renault Clio 172
Cheers for the info! Yeah I just thought as they are so rare it'd be nice to have it working, even if I dont use it. Will have a look into the wiring/antenna when I get some spare time! Guessing the roof lining has to come down to replace the antenna ;(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What brand of head unit are you thinking of getting?

I have a Pioneer one and you can get the adapter from ebay for £20 that plugs into the existing loom and the pioneer loom which enables you to use stalk control as normal.

Cheers for the info! Yeah I just thought as they are so rare it'd be nice to have it working, even if I dont use it. Will have a look into the wiring/antenna when I get some spare time! Guessing the roof lining has to come down to replace the antenna ;(
Yeah it does but only from the boot, pull the boot rubber down and it's easy to do.