ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ph2 Xenon issue

RS Clio 172
Hi y'all Ive just joined the forum tonight in hope of some asistance,

I have replaced bulb on my 172 because the xenon went a few weeks ago (amazing i know)

i got the bulb back in the holder but the balaster had a resin ring that was offset adn when i pushed the balaster forward the front light pods appear to have come loose, any ideas how i can get this back on??

Im hoping to not have to remove the front bumper as a 5 min job hopefully now wont be a whole afternoon

thanks in advance.:approve:

Sounds to me like your talking about the igniter and not the ballast. The igniter is the small black box that clips to the bulb and has a single wire going to it. The ballast is under the unit and cannot be moved when screwed in place so i doubt you have moved this.

If the whole unit is moving, ie when the igniter is clip to the bulb via the silver plate, you can hold onto this and rotate the whole thing from side to side and up and down, then to me it sounds like you have broken a mount and a new unit will be needed. best way to check this is if you take the unit out and look inside.

just found some pictures of mine with the problem ive described.

this is whats broken, causing the unit to move inside:
SDC17249.jpg

and this is where its located:
SDC17251.jpg

RS Clio 172
crapo, I was hoping for it to be some sort of clip as when it let go it felt smooth not like anything had snapped, I can see the light s at the front all moving inside the plastic :/ an yes you are correct, it's the igniter that i coudn't get back on due to a little yellowish ring inside it that did not line up with the bulb mounts.

I will go have a look after dinner and reply, thanks for the replies :)

if the sidelights move with the headlight when you move it with your hand its most probably what ive described. however that piece that is snapped is on a plastic ball joint, so if your lucky might of just popped out of there.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
sounds the same as what happened to mine aswell mate. when you push the bulb part in the whole housing that moves will 'snap' away from the light unit and sort of swing backwards and forwards?

if the above is correct it's an easy fix. If you look under the bulbs there is a black unit with a electrical plug on it and a white allen key thing on it. This is the height adjuster. Remove the plug and twist this unit anti-clockwise and it should come out with a black plastic rod with a ball on the end (this needs to be attached to the bulb housing to stop the light flapping around and blinding everyone and possibly blowing your new bulb).

To fix it, pull the bulb housing towards the rear of the car and look in the hole where the adjuster came out and you will see a square fitment with a line through it. Put the adjuster back through the hole and fit the ball end of the black rod into the square fitment (the ball end goes in from either side of the fitment and not pushing against it) and make sure its secure then just twist the adjuster back into place, connect the plug and wah lah. No more bulb moving up or down.

If the black rod isnt on the end of the adjuster when you take it out then its more than likely to be in the headlight which causes more problems. Bumper off and remove headlight lol.

Hope this helps you mate and good luck.

RS Clio 172
Hi guys, I managed to jig the headlight right back into the ball joint it came out if purely by feel (probably mainly luck) but after a few mins I had the whole thing back on and running, now just to fit the other side tonight to try and make the bulb colour match :D soo bright :D

RS Clio 172
Ok off the thread subject but ive been fighting a case for my car for a while, someone reversed into my rear quarter while i was having my dinner and the guy accepted full liability, the car went to wayside our local cowboys as it was upto the company working on my behalf to send it to be fixed unless i wanted to pay (obv not)

needless to say the car has come back twice and has still not been repaired properly and probably now needs a new rear quarter.

Does anyone know a bodyshop who can give me a quote for changeover and spray?

due to the trouble ive had its gotta be a perfect job, no orange peel, and perfect looking.

thanks