ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Power

172 cup
Hi we have recently had a clio 172 in on our dyno and it seems to be making more power than it should . It made 155 bhp at the wheels with a typical 15% drivetrain loss that works out to be 183bhp ??? I have a clio 172 cup and that only made 164bhp @ the flywheel on our dyno so i know it is reading correctly, i was just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with these clios coming out the factory with more power than figures suggest? Cheers ;)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Much more common for them to have less power than more from what I've seen.

& as above.

172 cup
They vary alot, but there's nothing to say those rollers are 100% accurate either, so if it feels fast then be happy :p

Hi i agree with what your saying but i know the dyno we have only just had it calibrated and we have run other clios on it and like most clios they run less than standard, this could just be a freak of a clio haha ;)

155 + 15% = 178.25bhp (183?????) ime a strong one ;)

massive variations between each one as said above.

172 cup
155 + 15% = 178.25bhp (183?????) ime a strong one ;)

massive variations between each one as said above.

Sorry its my retardedness lol its 159.7bhp @ wheels , gonna post up both graphs now from the 172 thats 183.6bhp and my cup thats 166.8bhp :)

172 cup
IMAG0076_zpshrolivui.jpg

IMAG0077_zpsfii9tkb2.jpg

massive difference