ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 track car under development

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
file:///C:/My Documents/My Pictures/clio1.jpg[/IMG]
thought some of you may like to see my latest track day car
based on a x plate clio 172 40k miles dont no if it belonged to anyone on here as was a write off reg no x417 dcu if anyone knows
anyway mods so far are
full service
decat pipe
aircon removed
oil cooler fitted
engine mtgs stiffened and extra packers added to top mtg
bonnet pins
quick release front bumper
rear seats and interior removed
willans harnesss
7*15 alloys toyo r888 1955515 wheel spacers and stud and nut conversion
rear archs and bumper relieved to allow travel
gaz 182 coilover adj suspension modified to fit (no need for vehicle specific kit )
origional seats lowered (just to see how i feel about car before caging and spending a load of money

i must say the other sunday was first time out at local donnington circuit no problems whatsoever just kept putting petrol in £60 worth for a day tearing round we must be mad or too wealthy anyway when have some more pics will post ,any questions in mean time just ask ,car did show real promise

clio1.jpg

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Re: pics as promised

Maybe be best if this was merged into his newbie thread ? just a suggestion :)

Re: pics as promised

gaz 182 coilover adj suspension modified to fit (no need for vehicle specific kit )
Since the 182 without cup pack kit is the same as the 172 you sound like you have the 182 none cuped/172 coilover setup

The 182 coilover setup has 60mm front hub spacing vs 54 for the other 172/182 none cuped packed setup)