ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172- Which is better- phase 1 or phase 2? Discuss...

i think half the reason they hid the system on the 172 Mk2's was due to Renault's acknowledgement of failure on a performance front, so in the end thought "f**k it, we've ballsed up boys, lets make it look as much like a 1.2 as possible and hope no one notices..."

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
abc.jpg

spot the sport haha

Clio 172 mk2
Isn't the exhaust hidden on the Mk1 172 as well ?

I love the standard height of the 172/182....thinking about going against the grain and rasing it by 30mm

Clio 172 mk2
Cool

I want to replicate the handling of my first car (900cc renault 5 with fooked dampers).

High will definately be anti-chav plus I'll be able to get under easy to fix broken Renault heatshields and exhaust parts.....bonus:D

ive driven a PH1 and ended up buying a PH2 FF.

PH1 felt more like a go cart and was immense fun, however higher mileage and crap interior put me off.

And having the choice of a FF and a cup from the same garage i decided on the FF as i couldnt see the point in spending 10k (when i bought it) on a car that didnt have Air Con, ABS, leather, and the clincher for me was the Xenons.

In the real world these extras made it more appealing for me. A cup will be better for track or for fun on the B roads, but i like a few luxurys, so went for the FF.

Test them all then go buy a better car ;)

There we go....the luxuries of the FF wins again

Air Cons a winner when its warm, ABS is a safety feature albeit not very good some times but the Xenons and leather were the ones i liked.

The cup interior is truly shocking for a 14k car brand new, they all should have come with the Recaros imo.

bit of luxury goes a long way with me ;)

G/W 200 and project Vdub
Personally i love the look and the drive of the 182,cant really coment on the Ph-old, never driven one.

Clio 172 mk2
There we go....the luxuries of the FF wins again

Air Cons a winner when its warm, ABS is a safety feature albeit not very good some times but the Xenons and leather were the ones i liked.

The cup interior is truly shocking for a 14k car brand new, they all should have come with the Recaros imo.

bit of luxury goes a long way with me ;)

I really love the xenons of the ff car....don't use the AC that much as I'm too much of a tightwad lol