ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172

Hi, just wondered if anyone could fill me in on what to expect from the Clio 172, Im picking up a 2002 one next week.

Previous cars have mainly been forced induction, 2 X TTs and a Seat Cupra....last normally aspirated car was a VR6 around 3 years ago.

Thanks in advance

Nick :D

youll love embarressing more expensive cars or people who dont know about the 172 when you totally waste them in it :D

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 16 August 2003

youll love embarressing more expensive cars or people who dont know about the 172 when you totally waste them in it :D
I used to have fun doing that in the Cupra :devilish: was quite a change after the TTs other cars didnt seem to have a clue to its performance and usually ended up having egg on their faces. ;)

hehe well let the games begin:devilish::D, a few peeps have had niggling problems with theirs but it tends to be little things like rattly trim/ seat rails and the old classic 4k buzz from the exhaust. ive had the airbag light come on and the exhaust buzz, both problems were sorted by my local dealer within 3 days and on the 1st visit and have had no other problems in over a year and 13k+ miles of ownership :D

The one Im getting is a 2002 model with 17k miles on it, so hopefully any teething problems should have been ironed out :)

cool, what colour nick ? oh and are you going to donny south tomorrow? would be a good chance to meet alot of the members here as there is going to be a big turnout.

iceberg, good man thats the right colour :D (dont listen to paddy or benj red and green cars are not faster ;)) what part of the country are you from ?

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 16 August 2003

well done, but u really should have got a red un:D
I got it for a really good price, so wasnt too fussed on the colour.

I like it though ;)