ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Alarm and starting problems

skusey_

ClioSport Club Member
  OG Megane 250
Hi everyone, I found a few threads similar to the problem I'm having but not the quite the same so just looking for some advice. Basically, in the last few days my 182 has developed a problem where id unlock the car and go to the start it but it would seemingly die and soon as I try and crank. The ignition lights stay on in position 1 and 2 but cut out as soon as I crank and the alarm light by the gear stick illuminates solid red when I take the key out.

If I try to start the car after this I get nothing from the ignition and nothing when I try to crank. If I get out and try to lock it with the key fob I get nothing also. However, I've found that opening the passenger door and closing it again has 'disengaged' the alarm and has allowed me to start the car after locking it and unlocking it again but this doesn't always work. It suggests to me a problem with the alarm but it is intermittent as sometimes I can just get in and start it. Any ideas?

Cheers