ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Blue L.E.D Conversion (Update)

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
All of the lights are done now. Just finished the climate control panel which was a b**ch with 28 l.e.ds to change lol.

led10.jpg

led11.jpg

A4 Avant
I really want to do this! Yours looks great, just don't think my soldering skills are quite up to scratch to attempt it!

Ph1 172
that looks really really good just how renault should have built it straight out of the factory!!!

Did it all myself just got the right leds and changed um all. Am bout 2 do it all agen for a lad on here with a 182 turbo. I'll post before and after pics of that 1 aswell.

Jaff

2002 Clio Renault Sport
Impressive, how did you do it? No one here in Mexico has that modification and it looks great... definetely much better than the orange...

Regards!

Chocolate Bar™
would love mine in the dark red ones they advertise on ebay. but that looks like a proper job

yeah u can get red, green, blue, yellow and white. If anybody wants it doin i can do it. Just give us a pm

Jaff

nah its not that bad if u have soldered anythin before, the leds are very small and u need a set of small plyers to mount them and then solder them on. The leds are SMD L.e.ds they cost bout 75p each unless u buy loads of um lol. U do need 28 alone for the climate control.

Cheers, Jaff

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
AHH! omg i want those

where did you buy the leds?
are they all the same type?
can you post a pic of the type of led i searched SMD leds but there are different shaped ones

i am good at soldering and want to give this a pop:)

AHH! omg i want those

where did you buy the leds?
are they all the same type?
can you post a pic of the type of led i searched SMD leds but there are different shaped ones

i am good at soldering and want to give this a pop:)

I got the SMDs from a website i found. the switches take normal lookin L.E.Ds but u need resisters for them aswell. U do need to have abut of back ground knowledge of electronics just to make sure you don't blow anythin up lol. It sez on ur profile that u have a 1.2 and they have different clocks to the 182s but am sure the leds are the same in them. u would have to open it up and take a pic and i'll tell u which 1s u need.

If anybody wants to have ago at this am putting a guide 2 geather and i'll put some packs 2 gether with all the parts you need in it for the conversion. PM me if your interested.

Cheers, Jaff

LY 182
^^ Mate I am very against mods because at the end of the day, Renault got the Sports pretty much right. I though have always thought the dash could have been made a little more classy, that though improves it ten fold. Lovely job and lovely mod congrats!

A guide would be very much appreciated!

ITB BG 182
seriously considering on paying this youth a visit for the day an cash in hand if he'd just do my clocks like them in the pic.

An orange one
yeah, your not too far away from me...

fancy doing mine? whats a rough price..for everything I need and all fitted?

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
cheers jaffa

im an electronics student so i think i might trst myself... well i hope anyway;)
but i will get my 1.2 around easter if you could make us all a guide and a list of parts we need thatll help everything :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mate, hats off to you. That looks fantastic!

I'd hold off from doing anyone elses until you have people literally throwing money at you to do it...because for now you have a completely unique Clio, but i can see a very spacious bandwagon approaching!

i need to find some like this if you can help ?

B1002893038.jpg

They are still serface mount leds, i'd have to double check but am sure u could use the 1s i use. You would just have to check the voltage across the contacts. the leds i use run on 3volts.

As soon as shaun comes down with his 182 turbo i'll be able to get more pics and get the guide up. I'll get a mod to pin it aswell

Cheers, Jaff

How do you go about removing the climate control unit? Just fitted a pioneer avic-x1r and had a quick look at the climate control unit but couldnt see how it came out?