ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Blue L.E.D Conversion (Update)

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Blue with red needles is where its at ;)

dials.jpg

MKIII 138
m8 that is freakin awesome.. looks so much better in so many ways. suprised more people havent done it.

Last edited:
  Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Yea a fair while, you have to seperate the blue light which the needles normally share, then install some new red SMD's, wire them up correctly so the dimmer still works, then create little shields to stop the red light escaping from the base of the needle.

Some random pics:

electrics2.jpg

electrics3.jpg

electrics11.jpg

electrics12.jpg

electrics13.jpg

electrics14.jpg

trip3.jpg

Clio
they look amazing, i want an orange one to replace my red central locking one, that way it will match all the other orange ones.

Clio 182 Sport
How do you go about removing the climate control unit? Just fitted a pioneer avic-x1r and had a quick look at the climate control unit but couldnt see how it came out?

Hey dude,

I had the same Q as you ... remove the ashtray, then remove your radio, behind radio is 2 torx screws, remove them, then push sideways then down on the climate control.

ahh, thanks very much, ill remember that for when i get around to changing the LEDs. Just fitted new headunit so dont fancy taking it out again just to have alook, so ill wait. Thanks

Clio 182 Sport
Just done mine too... eehh fooked up some buttons on the climate control.

the two bottom right ones does not work nomore.. but im sure its just a contact problem.

this is actually more difficult that I thought... :p

I used Kingbright KA-3528 smd's, for the lcd on the console and the climate control, you take out those orange painted plastic plates. Then use 600 grid sanding paper with water, sand it off... put it back, and use the blue KA3528's , for the console , you have to use vero board, custom made, with 12 smd's. use resistors.. when car ignition on, 12v output , when the light switched on, 6v output, just use the holes there the normal filament gloes goes on. the center way marks +, the outer sides marks - .

DSC01493%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

------------------

DSC01491%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
aftershook, that seems pretty simple to do but what you wrote is not very clear?? you talk about resistors??? and vero board??

can you give me some more info??

i have done lots of led changing in the past, just on mobile phones

DSCN2221.jpg

DSCN2216.jpg

fair job andy, 26 smd's on the climate alone. Make sure the + & - are the right way round on each. I dont know how much the climate is if you mess it up but im guessing £300 +. Good luck...

Clio 182
can't see it being harder than certain phone led changes, but it sounds like theres a lot more work involved!

I used to chip literally hundreds of ps2's and xboxes - and from my experience, removing items from a board is probably more risky than soldering new things to it - its a lot easier to take too long and burn components, and there also the risk of removing a solder pad from the board - which is fixable, but only if you really know what you're doing

briny - if you can work on boards it shouldnt be a problem, however it is very fiddly and time consuming. You need to remove and replace each one as you go along. We used a solder sucker, tweezers, mag glass, etc etc. Easy to ruin the board as you say, i dont know how much a new climate is but it wont be cheap.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
26 thats cool, its easy work if you ask me. ive done so so many mobile phones.

how do you know which way round they need to go?? im guessing the board does not have + and - on it LOL