ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cup bottom ball joints

Hi I've just replaced my bottom ball joints all bushes and track rods nor the max negative camber I can get on the front is 0.2 degrees. The only thing I can think is the ball joints are different on the cup. Can anyone help. PLEASE

mgd

Clio 182
I had the same problem with mine using non-genuine parts.

I ended up replacing the 2 bottom arms for new ones and it fixed the problem.

Cheers I've ordered some bottom arms from renault I'll let you know how I get on ( after I've transferred my new poly bushes onto brand new arms :-()

mgd

Clio 182
I also was getting a clicking noise from the drive shaft when turning left when I didn't have the genuine arms fitted

Problem found after wasting money on new cup bottom arms. :-(
F02FCA7E-70D3-4EEC-9C47-F79277150583_zpswa35mnfq.jpg

The clown that fitted the coilovers (forum member) couldn't be bothered getting 60mm variants and bodged the 54mm versions particularly badly. I wanted new coilovers but not yet it seems o will have to buy some now but which ones. I wanted the bc ones but need some asap as trackday on22nd so I've a choice of bilstien b14 or spax rsx my head hurts with this little car. I suppose this is a problem buying cars that children like to modify

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Some coilovers are sold like that so they work with 54 and 60 spacing. Think ktec sell some that have the one size fits all spacing.
Not saying it hasnt been bodged mind.

If they sell them like that they have elongated the hole the wrong way so it can only run positive camber. They are the k techs that are on it. I hear they are bad but please tell me they are not like that out of the box