ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 cup vs 172 cup

Whats the 182 with cup pack got that the 172 cup hasnt? From what i can see it is slower and looks pretty similar except for the exhausts.

What do ya think i should do- get the 172 cup or save more and go for the 182 with cup pack etc. I am not that interested in the toys- it is performance and fun i am after.....

if you not bothered by the toys then its 172 cup, very close perfomance, and probably well over £3000 cheaper

VaVa

Aye, not a gnats c**k in it performance wise, so if your not bothered by the luxurys, its a 172 Cup everytime.....

get a cup because then you get it in nice mondial blue :D

However, the seats in the cup are possibly the most minging things ive ever seen.

Ta, Andy

Meg on pistonheads £6995

http://www.autotrader.co.ukwww.autotrader.co.uk

2004 RENAULT CLIO 2.0 16V Renaultsport 182 3dr Hatchback
met black, 2 owners - main dealer orig, suspension & spoiler pack, cruise, climate, xenon. 8000 miles. £10750.

Tel: 07887 760800 or 01362 854000
Email: <A onmouseover="msg=; setTimeout(window.status=msg,1);window.status=;return true;" onclick="document.eme.src= "http://www.autotrader.co.uk/cgi-bin/nph-red2?http://www.autotrader.co.uk/images/common/eme.gif?200434157748909 href=mailto:robsturt@hotmail">Email Advertiser
Distance: 95 miles
Price: £10,750

182, GTR, C63

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 10 September 2004

cups faster!

Hides and waits to be flamed!
Not much in it. I dont dislike either however i bought a cup and thats the right choice for me. If you want a quick car qith gadgets by the 182 cup if you want a quick exclusive car get the cup. I know theres a lot of cups on cliosport but they are more exclusive. Dont think id buy a 182 as i cant see the point they are very similar cars.

The 182 Cup only has manual air con (equipment wise) over the original Cup so I dont see where this "gadgets" thing is coming from.

Alfa Mito 155TB

How is the cup faster than a 182cup or 172?...i have raced both the 182cup and 172cup in my normal 172 and there is nothing in it...

If 172cups are so fast, why do most owners then have to go out and get a chip and airfilter upgrade is that to just make sure?

The cup is just faster on paper IMO. However imagine your 172 is 3 up racing against a 172 that is 2 up. Who do you think would have the advantage and win??

Its started...it had to happen sooner or later.....the 182 is now the new "CUP", as the CUP was to the 172, as the 172mk2 to the 172mk1 and the 172mk1 was to the Clio Williams etc etc.......When and if Renault manage to shoe-horn the new Megane RSs 2ltr turbo in to the Clio, then that will be next "CUP"

^^^^now youve gone and started me thinking about winter:mad:. motorbike gets put away........clio becomes a hedgebound missile..........sigh, hope its a mild one

172 CUP £3200 For Sale

or you could just wait for the 182 Cup. all the performance of the 182 with the lightweight ability of the cup. and it is coming! just havent been told when.....or how much

182, GTR, C63

If you have seen pictures of the new shape clio I wouldnt wait for the next clio id buy a different car alltogether. I like my cars to be good and fast but i wouldnt pay wot renaultn would want for there new shape clio unless it was a megane engined one.

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by P3MBL on 11 September 2004

or you could just wait for the 182 Cup. all the performance of the 182 with the lightweight ability of the cup. and it is coming! just havent been told when.....or how much
Lol, yer that huge huge weight saving of the 182 Cup over the normal 182 will put it in a different league. :p

Theres talk of a 2ltr 200bhp 160lbft Clio Sport in Autoexpress recently thats due sometime next year I think. But then you could wait all your life waiting for the next best thing. If want to live for today, get a 182 with Cup options.

I started from a Clio1.2 RN, then to XR3i, then to a Fiat Bravo HGT, Fiat Coupe 20vTurbo then to a 172 (later added Eibachs) to now my current car Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant chipped to around 211-215bhp. And without a doubt, the Clio 172 was the best drive and most entertaining of the lot. Maybe when my babies have grown up Ill get a 2nd hand one.