ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cup wheels on a 172

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Can anyone tell me will the clio cup 182 wheels fit on a standard clio 172 sport? they are the Anthracite ones. I assume they will but before i buy would like to know.

Also they have toyo Tis tyres on are these generally a good tyre for the clio?

They'll fit but you'll need to put some spacers on due to the difference in offset reducing the track width. Toyos arent much cop IMO, fine in the dry but appalling in the wet.

Yes they will fit the car no problem. The offset is different so if you want to retain the original track width you will have to use spacers to space out the higher offset 182 wheels though.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
sorry im not that techinically minded. What do u mean by the offset? Do i definatly need spacers or is that just an option? sorry thanks for the help

offset in laymans terms means how far in/out of the arch the wheel will sit. The wheels will fit without them but by putting 182 cup pack wheels on it will mean they sit further in than the 172 wheels so the track width will be reduced a little.

Megane225FF
andrew_ley said:
sorry im not that techinically minded. What do u mean by the offset? Do i definatly need spacers or is that just an option? sorry thanks for the help

Just an option. You dont need them.
Loony's saying your car's "footprint" will be smaller, by a few mm. Nothing to worry about. Some people want/like to retain the car's original set up.