ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Driveshaft question

clio 182
Hi,

I bought a clio 182 last week. I took it to a local garage for an engine oil change and the technician told me that the driveshaft on the driver’s side does not fit well and that is probably the wrong part. He also said that the ABS ring on the right driveshaft is different than the ABS ring on the left. The boot had come off as well.

How can I understand if it is the wrong part or not? The previous owner had changed this driveshaft 1000 miles ago. I have the receipt for that. Is there a part number on the driveshaft somewhere that I could check?

Thanks.

clio 182
I am planning to go back to garage that the previous owner changed the driveshaft 2 months ago and ask them to fit the right part.
I need a proof that this driveshaft is not the right one. Do you know if there is a part number written on it?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol if I owned a garage and had a new owner do that id ram the driveshaft up his rear end!

if it has the wrong abs ring then the abs will be kicking in all the time when breaking and the speedo may play up.

if not then chances are as much as it may look different its still doing the correct job with the same amount of teeth

Lionel Richie
you'll have no chance with the garage, genuine parts ONLY, you'll have a non gen mickey mouse one on there, order from Renault Wolverhampton

clio 182
Does anyone have any photos showing how the driver's side driveshaft on a 182 should look like? I am mostly interested to see how close to the engine's block is the inside gaiter. Thanks