ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 exhaust help

182FF Arctic
Hey folks,

Sorry but i'm a bit thick with car parts!

I've just been to the garage as the exhaust is making a racket. They put my 182 on the ramp and it turns out the joint between the back box and the cat is corroded and close to snapping.

Do i need a whole exhaust or can the center section be replaced separately?

Any help is greatly appreciated as my car is currently stuck on the drive and will not be moving for a while it seems!

Rsport182Cup'd
It can be replaced with a section, dont need box and lot.although when it was manufactured from cat to tailpipe was one iece before torsion bar was fitted, so it gets cut to take off, a decent garage will do it for you, if you go to the likes of bullseye or partco they will show you the book and it depicts where the replacement piece can go.

182FF Arctic
Thanks for the advice.

I've just had a call from the garage i took it to last night who have told me they would need to replace the whole lot - box to center section, for a total cost of £800!! WTF?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sounds about right, this is why everyone has aftermarket exhausts.

182FF Arctic
For that price i'd expect it to be made of solid gold.

The fact the problem lies in the center sector makes be think that i only need the one section. From what i can tell there are no problems with the box itself.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Centre section is still silly money!

And they'd have to cut the exhaust in half over the beam.

Best option really is stainless IMO

Good luck finding a standard noise level one though.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I have a brand new rear box in stock 0 miles but no centre section

to be honest if you dont want that buy a performance one off here in the classifieds

Steve

182FF Arctic
Thanks Steve.

I'm currently phoning round a couple of garages but if it's the case i will probably buy a Milltek or Yozza

koi

Audi S1
Same problem with mine at the moment, centre section has gone. No point paying mega bucks for a standard exhaust so time to go after market.

clio 182
put a miltek cat back on mine yesterday. doesn't sound that loud and I can hardly tell the difference from the old one. its stainless though so it'll last the life thats left in the car.
370 of ebay with lifetime guarantee you can get a mild steel one for about 300 posted with 2 year guarantee or the centre section for 100 but its easy to see what the best solution is

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
Yozza's are awesome.

Recently just bought a KTEC Ultra, good with a decat fitted, terrible fit to a stock cat...

koi

Audi S1
Almost placed an order for a Janspeed there but saw a vid of the Yozza again and realised it's worth the wait

182FF Arctic
I have grave concerns about getting a yozza. While i like the look of them, a friend has one on his 172 and it drowns out any other sound in the cabin. At motorway speeds it's hardly ideal!

Is the Milltek the quietest option for aftermarket?

monaco 172
I have grave concerns about getting a yozza. While i like the look of them, a friend has one on his 172 and it drowns out any other sound in the cabin. At motorway speeds it's hardly ideal!

Is the Milltek the quietest option for aftermarket?

ive got a janspeed (not ultra performance) and before i decat it it wasnt that loud. Mine doesnt have a center section either (supersports) so id think if you got the version with the center silencer and kept the cat in then it would be too loud.

fit is perffect aswel, went on in minutes no problem at all.