ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 few problems

Golf mk2 gti 2.0 16.
  • My mates offered me his Clio 182 for £1700, he bought it 3 months ago for £2800. I know what the problems are and probably cost a few hundred quid. But just wanting to know what's broke and cost etc!
  1. The heater, it can only be switched off by removing the fuse, the fan speed is stuck on full otherwise, temp and air con work fine.
  2. steering wheel needs replacing
  3. the rev counter reads 1000 too low, like the needle has come out of position and slipped down. Idles miles past 0revs and hits the limiter at about 6000rpm. This seems like the worst job.
The front brakes and rears where fully re done last month. New everything. So ATM it seems like a steal. It's on 84000 miles. 04 plate.

Toby

Heater needs a new resistor pack. You can pick them up cheap on here and they take 5 minutes to replace.

As for rev counter, try a different set of clocks.

Golf mk2 gti 2.0 16.
All fixable depends on the belts being done to get your moneys worth

Ok ill get one of then then, yeah the belt was done 3 years ago probably 50k miles, so I'm ok for 2 years on that, just going to keep it untill my mk2 is back on the road, unless the Clio wins me over ! I'd want to swap to the cup suspension aswell. Feels to soft for the car ATM.

Golf mk2 gti 2.0 16.
Just got the car now, what happens to the mileage ? How would I change it back to the correct amount ?

Titanium 182
Ok ill get one of then then, yeah the belt was done 3 years ago probably 50k miles, so I'm ok for 2 years on that, just going to keep it untill my mk2 is back on the road, unless the Clio wins me over ! I'd want to swap to the cup suspension aswell. Feels to soft for the car ATM.

Aux belt needs doing every 3 years or 36,000 and you may as well do the cambelt with it. So it is due new belts.

Golf mk2 gti 2.0 16.
Just got the car now, what happens to the mileage ? How would I change it back to the correct amount ?