ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 gone :( type r fn2 here :)

clio 182 ff
finally had to give in after all these happy years with the 182 , since our 2nd son was born it was becoming a nightmare trying to go anywhere using the clio

loved the 182 for the journey to & from work (nice quiet A road in the sticks)

toy'd with the idea of a meg R26 as wanted to stay renault but after researching them on the meganesport forum there seemed to many reliability issues
e.g front hubs , window mechanisms & most id seen for sale were due the cam-belt change

impreza wrx was too expensive on fuel to justify getting & if went for a newer wrx with 2.5 engine the tax was around £450 :(

finally decided on a civic & after looking at several i decided to get this

civic osf 15.6.13.JPGcivic os 15.6.13.JPGcivic front 15.6.13.JPGcivic rear 15.6.13.JPGcivic inside 15.6.13.JPG

its 2008 type-r with gt pack (dual air-con , auto wipers etc)

after owning it for a week i decided i missed my ipod too much so dismantled the dash to get to the rear of the stereo to fit an xcarlink ipod/usb addapter
its a great bit of kit & works perfectly with the steering wheel audio controls

ipod lead 1.JPGipod lead 2.JPG

another week passed & i saw a bargain on civinfo.net & had to have it

hks rsk.JPG hks rsk all fitted :)

sounds as quiet as standard till around 4000rpm & when v-tec kicks in it screams its arse off :)

clio 182 ff
handling seems almost as good as the 182 but difficult to say at the moment as still getting used to it
loved the handling of the 182 as it was like a go-kart :)
straight line pace doesnt feel as quick but i put that down to the civic being so much quieter (182 had a ktec supersport exhaust) however when giving it some on the roads to work i think it may be a little quicker than the clio but theres not a great deal in it
it feels a much nicer place to be sat tho with the excellent seats