ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Gordini Blue

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Hello, I've been a member on here for a while now, and I've finally got myself a 182, so thought I would post a progress thread.

MmaV0YI.jpg

13rcqZE.jpg

I've only had the car since Wednesday, and to be honest, the car needs a reasonably amount of work to get it up to to standard as it has been neglected a little by the last owner.
After a 10 hour round trip I got the car home and got looking around.

Firstly, in this video am I right in saying the first clip is the dephaser pulley making that noise? That needs replaced? Second part, not sure what the noise is? a fan perhaps?

Secondly, what is this black part here which is held on with a wire? You can see in this photo what I mean about the neglect. shame really.
2X5ZfJP.jpg

I have a long list of things that need fixed, simple things to get it into shape, before I start getting into the serious upgrades :)

will keep this updated as I go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renault Master
As Dan has said is common for these to break. Bodywise looks really clean. Regards noise I'm not too sure what a noisey dephaser sounds like but I'm sure you will get a reply. Any service history with the car?

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Thanks for that Dan, I've got a stainless steel angle bracket I'm going to spray black and bolt on there to tidy it up. Also needs a good clean as there is all this white dust everywhere.

The body work looks good in the photo, but in the past somebody has keyed both sides of the car, and its been repaired with touch up paint and doesn't look to good. There is a few other bits that need sorted aswell, but getting the car running properly is my first concern.

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Update; Does anybody know what the actually name of this rubber seal is, and why it should be removed? Mine is missing on my Clio 182.

uBDYhUV.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Thanks Simon, that is what I suspected it was. Any idea what this rubber seal is called? Can't find it anywhere online.

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Alright no worries, its missing on mine and as far as I can tell its a pain in the ass to get a new on on there, causes louder road/engine noise, and also if its wet could cause water to come in I suppose. The photo I took was from a car breakers as I was getting a few common bits from a 01 Clio 1.2 :)

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Getting the Dephaser Pulley, Cambelt, and Aux kit doen for £581 on Friday, pretty good price I think?

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
A little update, got my belts and pulley done a few weeks back and getting new tyres on monday :) quick question, I want to paint my inlet manifold and fuel rail cover - how easy is it to take off?