ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Handbrake travel and big clunk...!

RB 182 FF
Hi guys I've tried searching with no success as to what's happened to my handbrake.... Basically I pulled it up and heard a massive clunk/ping and the travel is a lot more than it was.... It's very high but seems to be working fine, I'm guessing there was a spring type system to return it to position that has broken or something but can anyone clarify this for me...?! Cheers in advance!

172 Cup
That's will more than likely be your handbrake cable snapping on one side, so will be still holding on one side my did it the other day make sure you use genuine Renault parts as others don't fit because there to short.

Audi A5
Put the handbrake on and jack the rear end up and see if one of the wheels spins, this will tell you if one of the cables has snapped.