ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 headlight adjustments

Hello,
I have just imported a right hand drive clio 182 2005 into France and understood that I need to change the headlights. HOWEVER, now that I have the light units in my hands I see that there are TWO adjustments. One is accessible when the unit is mounted in the car..... very long thin screw driver... and corresponds to the up/down (I assume). The other appears to adjust the left-right angle of the OUTER light (dip) and this leads me to ask..... Does this mean I don't need to change the lights, but instead use this adjustment ??? The problem is that it does not seem to be accessible while the unit is in the car.... difficult to see how I can adjust lights while the unit is in my hands ;0) ..... any advise will be welcome.
A secod question/request is for any links to - how to set the light angles ??
Wayne

pimp mobile Zafira
I emailed Renault about 12 months ago about seeing if you change the lights over I work whilst in France. They advises it can be done but would need to go in to be done. I'd email or just call Renault and ask them how it's done.

Dodgy one
You need to change the lights, the ones used in uk spec cars emit a defferent beam pattern, the adjustment motors you are looking at are just to set headlamps aim

If your 182 has xenons these adjustments will be wiped out when the car auto ldvels its lights next time round as it needs plugging in to diagnostics so the car can be told your setting the headlamp aim.

Just regular halogens..... still bright enough though.
In the end I changed the whole light unit.... but still not convined that I really needed to do it...... the front lens (glass) has NO diffraction patern on it to aim the light towards the curb. So the only thing left is the rear reflector and that is the bit that can be moved in BOTH horizontal and vertical axes and so should be able to do a left/right adjustment...... still they are new ones for 180 the pair.... thanks for your replies....