ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 in the 750MC Hot Hatch Championship!!

Sanj16

ClioSport Club Member
  182, mk1 valver
Morning guys and girls,

Just wanted to share with you how things are going fighting 7 civic every race and one silly fast metro yes metro!!

Recently moved over from the Ktec 182 championship after 3 years.

YouTube : Langton Motorsport
Facebook : Stephen Langton Racing

763F4340-658C-4656-BD33-FD020BA77D05.jpeg

CC42CE95-34C4-4183-9A4C-D3A385514731.jpeg

Sanj16

ClioSport Club Member
  182, mk1 valver
91CD0F4F-9565-4FEE-8B12-EEBEAF26733B.jpeg

Silverstone with Team Hall Racing, Ktec Racing and Oliver Hall Racing.

Sanj16

ClioSport Club Member
  182, mk1 valver
Not posted here for a while so I’ll drop an up date..

so I didn’t compete in the last two rounds of the championship as I took the car apart I say took the car apart I cut it in half.. 👀
It was due a new shell after the big shunt at Donington so I cut the season short to crack on with the re-shell.
B395C63E-6D0F-41CB-A853-BE3E992A8841.jpeg
81996A81-1B51-492F-83CF-6A932308A2F0.jpeg

But this is where we are now, new shell is rolling and due cage figment.

75A8EE50-6DFC-44B6-AF9A-ACFCECBB90C9.jpeg

182... again!
Been reading this with a view to having a go myself...

KTEC championship seems really expensive, having got a quote from KTEC for all the parts! I know you can shop around for some parts, but even so looks like £10k plus a car!!

Interesting that you have moved to the hot hatch championship...

Sanj16

ClioSport Club Member
  182, mk1 valver
Been reading this with a view to having a go myself...

KTEC championship seems really expensive, having got a quote from KTEC for all the parts! I know you can shop around for some parts, but even so looks like £10k plus a car!!

Interesting that you have moved to the hot hatch championship...
I built my first Ktec car for 5k some second hand parts some new and only after two year in that car did I get ktec to build me a new car, the series is good but very very competitive. But don’t think the HH is any cheaper! I spent my Ktec car budget again on the HH spec conversion and even still changing everything again this winter. If you want good racing the Ktec series is decent. Just have a good understanding of the tyres and set up you need.

182... again!
Thats interesting! I was thinking that with the HH championship, as you don't have to have the control ECU, Top mounts and Coilovers, then that's £2k less to start...
I'm only thinking of having a go, not being competitive, so it seemed in that context to be at least a cheaper way to get going...
I do appreciate that the sky is the limit though!

Sanj16

ClioSport Club Member
  182, mk1 valver
Thats interesting! I was thinking that with the HH championship, as you don't have to have the control ECU, Top mounts and Coilovers, then that's £2k less to start...
I'm only thinking of having a go, not being competitive, so it seemed in that context to be at least a cheaper way to get going...
I do appreciate that the sky is the limit though!
indeed it’s over 2k you’d save, the series is good on that front that it has controlled items to keep if fair across the grid. A standard powered 182 is well suited in class B we converted a Ktec car a few months back had a pms rear beam and pms lower arms all bearings no bushes, 440lb springs and it’s a top five car out the box.