ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New RS Clio 182 Owner - Project RX

Hi all,

Having recently sold my MK2.5 MX-5 I was on the verge of swapping to a 135i for another fast-ish road car.
At the last second though, I had a change of heart and decided to propose buying an older hot hatch and converting it into a rallycross car to race in the amateur league next season.
Within a week of coming up with the idea, we (joint venture with a mate from work) had bought a tatty but (seemingly) mechanically sound RS Clio 182 for very little from a second hand dealer.
Unfortunately a growing list of things have begun to go wrong within the first couple of days of ownership, but this isn't going to spoil the fun.
After a few quick spins in it I'm loving it already!

Looking forward to being part of the RS community.
Will post some pics of progress at a later date.

Cheers,

Dan

Clio182
Hi all,

Having recently sold my MK2.5 MX-5 I was on the verge of swapping to a 135i for another fast-ish road car.
At the last second though, I had a change of heart and decided to propose buying an older hot hatch and converting it into a rallycross car to race in the amateur league next season.
Within a week of coming up with the idea, we (joint venture with a mate from work) had bought a tatty but (seemingly) mechanically sound RS Clio 182 for very little from a second hand dealer.
Unfortunately a growing list of things have begun to go wrong within the first couple of days of ownership, but this isn't going to spoil the fun.
After a few quick spins in it I'm loving it already!

Looking forward to being part of the RS community.
Will post some pics of progress at a later date.

Cheers,

Dan
Welcome to the group, Dan! I’ve been a 182 owner for about 6 weeks now and have found this group very friendly and supportive. You don’t get the “I told you so” comments that I’ve seen in other forums.Definitely worth paying the £12 for full membership.