ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Juddering when starting in 1st gear.. help any advice???

Black 182 Cup
Clio 182 Juddering when pulling away in 1st gear.. help any advice???

...Just started happening today.. Its only covered 29000 miles and still under warranty.. Any ideas what it could be or anyone else with the same problem?

Last edited:
  Black 182 Cup
Is any of it covered in the warranty?? I had a Fiesta Zetec before and it ran 85,000 miles without a problem like this...

Dci 65 Billabong
I would have thought so, worth enquiring with Renault. I'm just speculating, I have read some threads on here where it has turnt out to be a coil pack. Well worth getting it checked by Renault, prob isnt a flywheel though seeing as you have only done 29k miles

Black 182 Cup
thanks for your advice mate... what with the water leaking in through the boot i m starting to doubt the Renault build quality :(

Clio 172
same thing happened to me but i got it in all gears when i accelerated, turned out it was the coilpack

Dci 65 Billabong
Yeh I know the feeling, thought id do good by changing the aux belt when I done the cambelt but started a new problem. Pulley squeeks like mad when cold, bearings gone i think. £56 for a new one :dapprove: . Just unfortunate I guess.
Have you checked the boot seal or if its leaking in through the rear lights?
Good luck sorting yours mate