ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Lambda fault..... FREE BEER to anyone who can fix the problem :)

Clio 182
Help!!

Any help would be much appreciated.......Here is my story of 182 woe!

A few weeks ago my clio 182 started coughing all the way to work and theemissions light came on...... when putting my foot down the car did nothingthen suddenly accelerated?
After many hours spent laying under the car I got it on diagnostics and itshowed the following faults:

Bank 1 sensor 1 Lambda open circuit/short circuit
misfire cylinder 1

The misfire was found to be a injector which was changed, the fault cleared andthe car ran a lot better however the Lambda sensor fault would not clear.

I then purchased and fitted 2 new bosch lambda sensors and the car ran ok/richbut with the emissions light still on.

I plugged the car back into diagnostics to clear the fault however it stillshowed the 'open ciruit/short circuit fault'. I then changed the sensors overjust to check with no change... I also found that the emissions read out was 0.410and did not move with throttle.

Next I examined the Lambda wiring and found several had been damaged by heatfrom the exhaust so cut them out and replaced them all with new wiring betweenthe ECU directly to the sensor (even removing the plug)...This has been doublechecked and is correct.

Back ondiagnostics the open circuit/short circuit fault cleared and the O2 readout wasfluctuating with throttle. However once reaching operating temperature the opencircuit/short circuit appeared once more and the car started running reallyrough once again.

Last nightwhilst the car was running rough I unplugged lambda 1 which had an immediateeffect. The car ran fine but rich appearing to be receiving the ‘ECU self generatedemissions value’ once again. (I think this is 0.410 as before). I then took thecar for a drive with no problems however the emissions light was on asexpected.

Today I gotback behind the wheel (with the lambda still unplugged), started the engine tofind it’s returned to the ‘rough running / rough idle’ as before. When pressingthe accelerator nothing happens for about 5 seconds before the revs riserapidly.

Any ideasbefore I start pulling my hair out?

So far I have changed the coil, plugs, leads, TDC sensor....

Clio 182
Tried that with no luck several times using a number of different Lambdas....Even does it with lambda not plugged in! Just hope i didn't 'blow' my new lambdas when testing before the wiring was sorted.........