ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 look exhaust on 172???

Clio 172
Hi there,
I'm new to the Clio world having owned my 172Cup for a couple of months. I've had quite a few perfomance cars in the past before moving onto a Di**el Vectra :eek: for a little while. When that started to let me down I fancied something a bit different/fun that wasnt going to break the bank so went for the 172.
My car came with a 182 look exhaust from KTEC racing, I think its the Janspeed one (http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1264&appid=2) as opposed to the KTEC one due to the tailpipe layout. Anyway, back to the question....... Does anyone know if there is a standard looking backbox that will fit to the center section of this system? I'm wanting to return the car to pretty standard looking condition and also need to fit a towbar (I'm aware of the whole "you cant tow with a Clio RS" debate) so that I can tow my kart to race meetings e.t.c.

Failing finding a backbox that will fit I'm willing to swap my exhaust for a standard layout one with someone in my local area. Obviously my bumper is cut to suit the 182 look exhaust and is in the normal blue Cup colour so a bumper swap would be perfect, I've got a simple solution to filling the cuts on my bumper so its no biggie if bumpers are the wrong colour etc.

Cheers
Andy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I believe that there isnt actually any approval for a towbar on the sport, so you may find its illegal to tow with one AT ALL.

Im not 100% though, so phone a dealer or wait for someone to come along who is certain.

Clio 172
Ive read all about it mate so I know the wheres and what fors about the towbar debate. I just need to know about the exhaust.

Andy

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I don't think there is an off the shelf 182 style exhaust for the 172, so yours will likely be custom made.

The gap between the spare wheel well and the rear bumper isn't much at all, my 172 had a 182 style exhaust on it and I wish I would have taken some pictures of it as the craftsmanship was excellent.

clio sport
Alright mate. Have you still got your 182 style exhaust on your 172? I would be looking to swap mine with you, I'm In the Essex area so let me know if you wanna swap cheers mate