ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Milltek & Milltek Decat Engine Light on

Suzuki Swift Sport
Hi there,

I have a 182 (55) with a Milltek Cat Back and Milltek Decat pipe (with Lambda in)

It was fine for the first 2/3 weeks, however after the EVO triangle run noticed the orange engine light appeared in the bottom right corner of the instrument panel. However the car feels to be running absolutely fine and not noticed an increase in fuel consumption or any rough running. Power feels exactly the same as before.

I know this has probably been covered before, but I wanted to just clear up a few questions I had if anyone could help.

Is it likely that damage is being caused to the engine due to bad emmisions?

Would taking the Lambda Sensor out and replacing it with a Bung sort the problem? also as a result of this would the engine never optimally?

Are there any other solutions?

I was considering disconnecting the battery to see if that resets it, but havent found my radio code as yet!

Nick

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's a recurring fault code fella. It can only be reset by flashing the ECU's log.

Mine's been on for 18 months with no problem... it's part and parcel of running a decat.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Ah right so its not going to cause any problems?

Does your car suffer bad fuel economy? Also what if there were any probs? You wouldnt be aware then would you? hmmmm

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The ONLY difference is that it runs slightly more roughly until it's warmed. It'll pop and bang on the over-run until it's up to temp... say 5 minutes or so.

Other than that, it's perfectly fine!

Suzuki Swift Sport
The ONLY difference is that it runs slightly more roughly until it's warmed. It'll pop and bang on the over-run until it's up to temp... say 5 minutes or so.

Other than that, it's perfectly fine!

Yeah mine does that too - quite like the popping - although it did that when the light wasnt on!

Might invest in some black tape!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
cant you take the bulb out lol?!

were do we stand on the decat isnt your ins void?! :S

Suzuki Swift Sport
I dont know - im wondering whether to just run it with the cat in to save hassle! it does sound nice though :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Decats themselves are not illegal.

The fact that your car will not pass an VOSA emmisions test, renders it illegal.

AFAIK.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
the bit what would scare me is that if you have an accident and it was a bad one! ins companys love any reason not to pay out!

so you cant declare a decat can you :S

RB 182 with CUP packs
Just thought, a few of the Honda guys used something in place of the 2nd sensor that tricked the ECU & removed the lights, I'd of though it'll be a similar thing with the Clios or no?

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the poxy thing though :(