ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 182 OR New GTI GOLF 200

Hi all ;

I WANT YOUR FEED BACK ,ABOUT which car to get ,a Clio 182 or the new golf GTI 2005 THE PRICE DIFFERENT IS $8000 the golf is much more expensive than the Clio , both cars has similer performance but the price different is quit high ,so what do you think ?

thank you

big red bus

But if its only the choise of the Golf gti or CLio 182, Id say 182 in silver due to price saving :)

Depends what you want to drive the 182 is a more hard core driving car IMO the GTi isnt a bad car at all but is more a family car suitable for the longer drives.

megane coupe F7R

Depends what you want really. In a straight line the clio and the golf should be simular, speed wise. Around the corners it would be a different story though. Clio would whoop ass. But! The golf is in a different league for its build quality. No squeeks or rattles if ya no what i mean. 8k is a massive price difference though.In my opinion. Clio 182 = great country lane and track car. Golf = Great for a blast down the dual carrigeway/motorway cuz its too big and heavy for anythin else. If the new golf is anythin like my mates it will be so refined you cant here the bloody engine when you boot it.

Id have the golf if i was loaded though. otherwise its the clio.

[Edited by Andyvalver on 12 December 2004 at 3:58pm]

£8,000 difference! Id go for the Clio.
And if your going to spend that much get something better anyway. R32!

Yaris Hybrid

For the same price as the Golf you can get a WRX.

What sort of n0b would get the Golf with that in mind.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 12 December 2004

surley you cant compare the 2? and if you have 20k spend why even bother looking at a 182.

lol read this months autocar.

20K to spend...

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 12 December 2004

personally id rather have the golf after having driven a mk4 and im also regularly a passenger in one.

WRX might be fast, but lets face it, its every boy racer with a corsa/novas dream car... end of story...

if it was between the 182 and golf gti, id take the golf if money isnt a big issue. The gti has serious torque throughout the rev range, its also turbod which could be interesting, and build quality will be superior to the 182.

Having said that, id still love a 182, i actually prefer them for looks.

The people who say get an R32, just a weeee bit more expensive and theyre not really that quick for 3.2ltr V6 engines... Atleast suggest something in the price bracket. If he had R32 money to spend, why would he be looking at a 182 and not a V6?

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 12 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 12 December 2004

personally id rather have the golf after having driven a mk4 and im also regularly a passenger in one.

WRX might be fast, but lets face it, its every boy racer with a corsa/novas dream car... end of story...

if it was between the 182 and golf gti, id take the golf if money isnt a big issue. The gti has serious torque throughout the rev range, its also turbod which could be interesting, and build quality will be superior to the 182.

Having said that, id still love a 182, i actually prefer them for looks.

The people who say get an R32, just a weeee bit more expensive and theyre not really that quick for 3.2ltr V6 engines... Atleast suggest something in the price bracket. If he had R32 money to spend, why would he be looking at a 182 and not a V6?
Nope, Id go for the MUCH quicker, more reliable and better built WRX.

Who cares if the Nova/Corsa boys dream about them.

Kylie has a huge gay following but does that stop you buying her albums or downloading them on MP3?

Octavia VRS

if money aint an issue then id rather have a new golf gti over a 182. But Id rather have a WRX over any of them!

Both are great cars but i think it depends on what you want from it. If you were to list the 3 or 5 most important things to you personally when deciding between the two i think most of us could give you a relatively unbiased opinion as to which would be better for you personally

dk

911 GTS Cab

if we are talking the standard WRX (20k one) then the test in autocar this week showed the 182 to beat the wrx around the track so for my money, i would still pick the 182.

Golf GTi is nice and for a family car and long distance driving it is probably nice but would never handle like a 182 and isnt as fast lower down the range.

Looked into this when the Golf GTI was launched.

Cannot have the DSG on the sporting model (3 door). Remember that VW is for family Audi have the sporting mark in the VW group.

After I priced up all the options I could have wanted on a 5 door (For the DSG) it came to 27K.

Remember the Clio will be fully loaded. When I ordered mine there were only 5 options:-

Cup Spolier pack,Cup suspension, Sat nav without Cup spoiler, mettalic paint and phone system.

Chose 3 of the 5. For 13.5 I have a good car but the Golf is not twice the car and needing to be 5 door family car springs to mind!

H22A7 Accord Type R

ok.........i aint no golf expert really, but i read the new one is pretty good........so........is the R32 gonna be THAT much better than the new GTi?

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by EHAB on 12 December 2004

Hi all ;

I WANT YOUR FEED BACK ,ABOUT which car to get ,a Clio 182 or the new golf GTI 2005 THE PRICE DIFFERENT IS $8000 the golf is much more expensive than the Clio , both cars has similer performance but the price different is quit high ,so what do you think ?

thank you

On a Clio forum ide say its about as biased as askin people at a Railway Station which method of transport they prefer!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 12 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by EHAB on 12 December 2004

Hi all ;

thank you

On a Clio forum ide say its about as biased as askin people at a Railway Station which method of transport they prefer!
I doubt most would prefer trains given how sh*tty they are and how late they always are.The people on railway stations probably use them because they have little choice but given the choice i doubt they would actually choose a train :p

Id like to thank you all for your reply,I know that R32 is great ,but its out of my budget, by the way a new R32 is expected late 2005,the 182 is attravtive because of price different but what worries me is the quality and reliability on the long run 3 years from now , could you 172/182 owners especialy 172 owner feed back about how is thier 172 after 2 or 3 years of use,

Thank you all once again,

having owned a 172 cup and 182 id say its ur call clios are fun to drive whilst the new golf looks like a brick, the r32 is a awsome motor and very very quick trust me there is a few around for under 19,000 which i thing is a deal or like some one said earlier get a s3 heated seats the whole lot

If your gonna be keeping standard i think the clio but if you want to modify (engine wise that is) I would go for the golf as all the VW Tuners are making some awsome packages for the golf - will be easy to get more power from as its turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbbbo!!

Lee

BMW M2C

As much as I love my 182 if I had £20k to spend on a car Id not be owning a 182.

Ive had both a 172 and 182 with Cup Packs and neither of them have let me down. They just rattle and have minor niggles. The Golf on the other hand should be solid and rattle free.

My Mk2 172 i had for 2 & 1/2 years did 26500 miles in it and it never missed a beat, apart from two minor problems (airbag light on and buzzing centre section of exhaust both of which were fixed with one visit to the dealer) it was trouble free and a pleasure to own. Hopefully my 182 will be the same.

Quote: If your gonna be keeping standard i think the clio but if you want to modify (engine wise that is) I would go for the golf as all the VW Tuners are making some awsome packages for the golf - will be easy to get more power from as its turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbbbo!!

k-tec are releasing a turbo kit for the clio 172/182 from standard giving it 240bhp, but it costs £6k!!!! Though getting a new 182 and the turbo kit would still leave some money in the bank compared to the golf

R

rich[182]

if i had £20k to spend on a car wouldnt even think about a golf gti, a 2nd hand R32, WRX or a Seat Leon Cupra R225 + 275bhp mod

Actually Id prob get a new 182, spend a grand on mods and pocket the £7k