ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 performance modifications

182 and cherokee 4.0
Hi everyone, I am new to this and was just after some advice.

I am looking to improve the performance of my car and am unsure what is the best means. I have spoke to k-tec and they suggestes a group n ecu remap and itg moxogen kit to start.

Anyone else had these, if so what do you think?

I was also thinking of getting a de-cat on top of this, anyones views on that would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony.

182 and cherokee 4.0
Hi thanks for that, what exactly is an inlet match?

Appologies for my ignorance ;)

VaVa
Neither does your post fuckwit!!

Basically there are several cast componenets that channel the air into the engine. On the RS Clios it's a lottery as to how well these parts match up due to manufacturing tolerances. So people have them modified to ensure they are as good a match as possible. Better match = better air flow = more power.

very simplistic, but a basic idea.

Elise, 205 gti
It is where they take off the inlet manifold and make sure that the size and shape of the inlet manifold match the inlet ports on the head. If there is a lip on either you will get air hitting this and stalling causing slower air flow in to the head thus reducing power.
The best way to make your car faster and safer is to go on driver training.