ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Pricing for Sept 2005.......

Due to the recent sudden interest of 182 Prices, I thought it may be useful to start a thread stating what impact registration, mileage and options, will have on current market valuations.

Hopefully this will help potential buyers to get a good deal, it should also advise potential sellers what to expect.

All prices listed apply to "mint" cars, needing absolutely no work, and having FRSH and good tyres.

UK Main dealer supplied cars only. These cars must have "both" cups packs fitted, and the optional metallic paint. Shoud they not, a reducuction of approx £500 must be applied from listed values, I.E. Racing Blue with no cup packages.

"05" 2005 5000 miles £9180
"54" 2004 8000 miles £8460
"04" 2004 12000 miles £8070
"53" 2003 15000 miles £7410

Imported UK Spec Cars. Meaning Alarm, and 3 year warranty fitted. Again in desirable colours. Should the car fail to have these, £300-500 discount from shown price applys.

The genral rule of thumb with with imported cars, is what you save to begin with, you loose at the end. Provided you plan to run the thing into the ground theyre great, but dont plan on changing cars regualarly.

"05" 2005 5000 miles £8650
"54" 2004 8000 miles £8090
"04" 2004 12000 miles £7550
"53" 2003 15000 miles £7025

* Of course number of owners also plays a vital role in determing value., the above aplpies to 1 owner cars.

The prices mentioned above are relative to this smonth only. Most dealers cut off period for each month is the 25 or thereabouts, depending on when/if they can get the cars into their relative stock.

The prices are guideline, generally there is a £200 MAX, difference either side depending on country location, and how keen the dealer is get hold of the car.

My credentials so to speak, come from over 3 years in the motor trade, and literally quite a few hundred trips to BCA car acutctions Belle Vue Mancheser.

These prices are the current motor trade valuations what you can expect to get from a Renault dealer. The imported price are from an independant dealer, as most Renault Main dealers wont take in imports.

If anyone want any buying/selling advice, feel free to PM and Ill reply as soon as I can.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
:)

172, Tiguan

Those prices youve given I assume are trade in values or auction prices? In the real world a dealer would put 2k accross all of those prices in the hope to make 1500 quid out of the car.

Whilst a fancy little Glass guide or whatever gives these amazing bargain prices id like to see where I could find an 05 plate 182 for 8650. I realise I could go to an auction and take a punt and get one for that money, but 85% of your private buyers arent prepared to do that.

Quote: Originally posted by CarboliSmokeBal on 09 September 2005

The prices are guideline, generally there is a £200 MAX, difference either side depending on country location, and how keen the dealer is get hold of the car.

My local Renault dealership is easily £2000 more expensive than those quoted prices and experience proves they dont budge massively on quoted prices either, so it would still be pushing a £1200 difference easily. The cheapest 182 within 40 miles of me (including private) is £10k, and thats a 54 Cup (not Cup packs) with 12k on it. Even with a generous £1000 discount thats still too much by nearly £700.

172 Cup (53 plate, up to 15k) doesnt come close at a dealership, I paid £8400 for one with 8k on it at a dealer and that was the cheapest by some considerable margin, and I fought hard for quite a while to get one at a good price. That was a few months back but things havent changed that much.

Find me a 54 plate Cup with 8k on it for £8460 and I will have it as I know I can get £8,000 for my 53 plate Cup.

[Edited by ukaskew on 09 September 2005 at 12:36pm]

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 09 September 2005
Those prices youve given I assume are trade in values or auction prices? In the real world a dealer would put 2k accross all of those prices in the hope to make 1500 quid out of the car.

Whilst a fancy little Glass guide or whatever gives these amazing bargain prices id like to see where I could find an 05 plate 182 for 8650. I realise I could go to an auction and take a punt and get one for that money, but 85% of your private buyers arent prepared to do that.

Thats absolutly right Jon, as it says clearly in the post.

Why not go to an auction? Should the car fail to be true, or a ringer or the like your covered by the auctions insurance policy.

The trade price "is" what the cars worth. Dont forget, you dont shape the motor trade, dealers do that with what they are prepared to pay.

If a privae indivdual gets offerd £xxxx for their clio form the dealer, why not add a little to see if its worth selling privaely. If its priced sensibly and some1 wants to buy it will shift. If when private indivuals start listing cars on fleabay and autotrader for motor industry retail prices when the problems start.

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 09 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CarboliSmokeBal on 09 September 2005

My local Renault dealership is easily £2000 more expensive than those quoted prices and experience proves they dont budge massively on quoted prices either, so it would still be pushing a £1200 difference easily. The cheapest 182 within 40 miles of me (including private) is £10k, and thats a 54 Cup (not Cup packs) with 12k on it. Even with a generous £1000 discount thats still too much by nearly £700.172 Cup (53 plate, up to 15k) doesnt come close at a dealership, I paid £8400 for one with 8k on it at a dealer and that was the cheapest by some considerable margin, and I fought hard for quite a while to get one at a good price. That was a few months back but things havent changed that much.Find me a 54 plate Cup with 8k on it for £8460 and I will have it as I know I can get £8,000 for my 53 plate Cup.

[Edited by ukaskew on 09 September 2005 at 12:36pm]

Thats right as they will be retail prices with their profit share slapped across them.

You dont think they sell cars for the shear fun of it do you?

A dealer wont discount a car too much as they need to make money on them. On each car they sell they generally have about 500-600 pounds charags to pay, and thats before any profit.These charges include a house charge(£250ish), PDI and service £150ish), any recon(???s), you get the point. All this is taken into account before a sale is agreed. Thats what happens when the salesperson goes off the have a chat with his manager.

A dealer will make profit from the chassis(car) and from F&I(fiancne), ive seen Fiestas sell making the dealer clearing £4000 profit, and if the salesmans on between 10%-25% profit share think what they make.

The only time they will "give them away" is after theyve been in stock for about 3 months or 90 days. Dont forget, as the dealer keeps the car unable to sell it month by month they too are loosing money.

172, Tiguan

But private sellers should be able to price their cars at a figure less than the car is selling on the forecourt (say 500 less), not what price your buying them in at.

Jesus, im more than aware what price trade ins get bought in for - i turned down the offer of an 02 plate rover 25 (top spec) for 2150 last week - itll go for 3995...maybe

Whilst I have bought from auctions in the past (and got a few decent cars) your general punter isnt aware of all the ins and outs and sees the auctions as a very high risk place to buy a car.

Private sellers arent competing against the price your buying in at, theyre competing against the prices on the front... the ones that are 2k more than you paid for the car.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 09 September 2005But private sellers should be able to price their cars at a figure less than the car is selling on the forecourt (say 500 less), not what price your buying them in at.

Jesus, im more than aware what price trade ins get bought in for - i turned down the offer of an 02 plate rover 25 (top spec) for 2150 last week - itll go for 3995...maybe

Whilst I have bought from auctions in the past (and got a few decent cars) your general punter isnt aware of all the ins and outs and sees the auctions as a very high risk place to buy a car.

Private sellers arent competing against the price your buying in at, theyre competing against the prices on the front... the ones that are 2k more than you paid for the car.

Yes, but private buyers are genrally quite shrewd bunch, hence why they wont buy from a dealer. They generally have a good idea as to what the cars worth, and wont pay over the odds.

If no one buys the car, what option does the seller have?
None, so back to the dealer.

A healthy advertisment private price I would say, is somewhere between what the dealer offers for the chassis alone, and what the dealer would retail the car for.

But be prepared to be bartered with.

If you make an extra £500 to what the dealers offered you should be happy.

Dont forget its a buyer market, and there are literally 1000s of cars out there in all differnt shapes, size, and conditons.

[Edited by CarboliSmokeBal on 9/9/2005 1:02:02 PM]

Theres no rule as such. If it were me Id say £500-£700 max, over the figures listed above. Then the sellers happy or should be, and the buyer is too).

Obvioulsy depends how badly you want the thing.

Although, dont forget for every Clio 182 you look at, theres another 10 waiting round the corner to be bought.

The longer the sellers leaves it hoping to get the best price, the more the car depreciates, with the mileage age, aspect.

Remember, cash is king. Its a buyers market.

Mondeo STTDCI

Best bet is put it in at £500 below forecourt prices. Then drop it fortnightly until it goes.