ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Proof at last!!!!!!

http://www.carpages.co.uk/renault/renault_thierry_and_animal_explain_meaning_of_va_va_voom_25_10_03.asphttp://www.carpages.co.uk/renault/renault_thierry_and_animal_explain_meaning_of_va_va_voom_25_10_03.asp

It’s a brave person who would tell footballer Thierry Henry that it was ‘time to put on make up’ and ‘play the music’, but the launch of Renault UK’s new Clio advertisement sees Thierry Henry return for the second time, with a new co-star who has plenty of ‘Va Va Voom’ - Animal from The Muppet Show.

Exclusive preview of Clio Renaultsport 182 on the internet

For the first time ever, Renault will give an exclusive sneak preview of the commercial online at http://www.renault.co.uk/U color=#0000ffwww.renault.co.uk/U from Monday 3 November. It will then show in cinemas from mid-November before being shown on TV screens in December. It also previews the new 2004 year Clio range and specifically, the new Clio Renaultsport 182 which gains, amongst other things, an extra 10 horsepower over its predecessor.

The ad was shot mainly in black and white and is set in an ultra-cool jazz club, where the sounds of the trumpets echo the variable valve timing (VVT) of the Clio Renaultsport 182’s engine, although the new ad showcases Renault Clio range as a whole.

Has the Frenchman got a new talent as a drummer?

At first it appears the suave and sophisticated Frenchman is on stage playing drums with his jazz band and entertaining the crowd with his impressive drumming skills. Just as Thierry is about to launch into a complicated drumming solo, the camera pans round to reveal it’s Animal who is actually responsible for the rhythmic sounds, not Thierry. As usual the Frenchman takes it in his stride, with a Gallic shrug of the shoulders.

Olivier Généreux, Director of Marketing at Renault UK, said "Thierry Henry is the epitome of what the Clio represents – he’s cool and gives the car a masculine appeal which keeps it fresh, young and funky. Added to that, the new ad provides a touch of unexpected in the plot, which is in line with our strategy of creating imaginative advertising that often contains a twist, especially in Clio ads.

"The appearance of Animal provides the ‘unexpected’, and definitely adds to the overall appeal of the ad. We needed a well-known drummer for the twist in the ad, and Animal was the perfect choice as he’s a bit of a rebel.

On meeting Animal, Thierry Henry said: "I’ve always shown animal instincts for getting the ball in the back of the net and it’s fair to say, I’ve even played with some animals in my time. So meeting the real ‘Animal’ and seeing him play the drums was an experience to remember. He was very pleasant and didn’t seem to need to be chained to the wall. But with my insurance we couldn’t take any risks. I would definitely say Animal, like the new Clio, has va va voom."

Animal was unavailable for comment but Renault has it on good authority that Animal thinks Thierry should not give up his ‘day job’ just yet.

Behind the scenes footage from the first Va Va Voom commercial and more tips from Thierry Henry on what has Va Va Voom can be found online at http://www.vavavoom.co.ukU color=#0000ffwww.vavavoom.co.uk/U

Aw, and im awaiting delivery of my new already old 172 :cry:

Wish i wouldve been patient and waited now :oops:

Boyo

Quote: Originally posted by Boyo on 26 October 2003

Aw, and im awaiting delivery of my new already old 172 :cry:

Wish i wouldve been patient and waited now :oops:

Boyo
Wish i had been more patient as well :( my 172 arrives in 3 weeks.

It seems a bit childish and immature to cancel the car and just lose the £200 deposit ;)

But i dont think i could put up with waiting all over again :oops:

Oh well, itd be interesting to see the difference between the 172 and the 182.

Boyo

It seems a bit childish and immature to cancel the car and just lose the £200 deposit ;)

But i dont think i could put up with waiting all over again :oops:

Oh well, itd be interesting to see the difference between the 172 and the 182.

Boyo

If there are any major changes to the 182, i wouldnt think twice about loseing my £200 deposit. Would be nice to see some pics and specs first ;)

Well only just over a week and you will find out!!! i reckon its the one with the twin tailpipes and will also allow you to personalise the interior

Personalisation im not bothered about, i like the 172 as is. I wanna know where the extra 10bhp is coming from?!

Boyo

Personalisation im not bothered about, i like the 172 as is. I wanna know where the extra 10bhp is coming from?!

Boyo
hmmm

and if it will be cheaper £/bhp to "breathe" on standard 172 cup!

R

rich[182]

must admit im a bit piXXXd off at reading this, i get my new 172 in 2 weeks and i only ordered it early september cos at that time i knew the new clio was at least a year away, then when i saw the new pics of the new clio i was glad id ordered the 172 cos the new clio looks crap so i thought at least ill have a year before the replacement, to now here the current shape model is getting a 182 makeover in early 2004 kinda takes the gloss off my new 172 and it will effectively be "old" within several months

i can understand why others might cancel their 172 order, i only payed £100 deposit and its going through my mind

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 26 October 2003

must admit im a bit piXXXd off at reading this, i get my new 172 in 2 weeks and i only ordered it early september cos at that time i knew the new clio was at least a year away, then when i saw the new pics of the new clio i was glad id ordered the 172 cos the new clio looks crap so i thought at least ill have a year before the replacement, to now here the current shape model is getting a 182 makeover in early 2004 kinda takes the gloss off my new 172 and it will effectively be "old" within several months

i can understand why others might cancel their 172 order, i only payed £100 deposit and its going through my mind

Ditto...........

<<<<:D

If I had put a deposit down on a 172 i would cancel it without a doubt. Is there going to be a 182 Cup? I cant see anyone swapping a nearly new 172 for a 182 but if you aint even got the 172 yet cancel it.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Me too, if I had an order for a 172 Id cancel it straight away!! For one thing the price of the 2nd hand 172s will be less, also if they get it anywhere near 180 bhp its gonna be quick!!

I dont think ill bother cancelling the 172. I definitely WOULD if i was paying Full price but im only paying £11400 through friends and family discount. Plus, ill be getting it this week sometime and its definitely in the country now so to me, its not worth the waiting and the hassle.

BUT:

If i wasnt getting it this week and it wasnt in the country now OR if id paid anywhere near list price, id be straight to the dealership and Cancel.

Ill just wait and see where the 10bhp comes from and mod mine more ;)

Boyo

Mk2 Golf GTI

When i picked mine up the dealer was on about this as i asked him when they were stoppoing production on the 172

sh*t,

ohh well, now i guess il start to put my foot down... ive been takin it eas with my new car becuase it woz important to have a good resale value in two years. FK.it im just gonna mullar it and enjoy the ride. 180 bhp 8 diffo? wow... not. im still looking at my next car already (megane RS, Leon, Golf200bhp) but its disheartening to know that renault are bound to be aware of how this will affect 172s resale and depreciation. Now i feel like second best again but its still a great car.

Phill*

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by onlyme on 27 October 2003

some of us have been saying this car has been coming for months

yet no-one believed us :(

post by BAMBAM!!!!
Liar!

I reckon it will be uprated exhaust and slight ecu change. Maybe Renault could off an upgrade package to exiting owners.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 27 October 2003

I reckon it will be uprated exhaust and slight ecu change. Maybe Renault could off an upgrade package to exiting owners.
yes (plus uprated tb) and no they wont but you could in theory fit the 182 parts yourself.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

^

Erm wrong!

Try megane rs wheels, but with a subtle diffrence....

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Hold on a sec...............

Wont this new car just be a 172 anyway as the current 172s are 162ish??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 27 October 2003

why no clear indicators? keep the 172, in that case ;)

g
its an artists impression "a guesstimate" i used a early mk2 172

bigger alloys slow car down, bigger tyres more traction more friction. so this is just another renault p*ss take, not respecting their customer base. there doesnt seem a point to this new car its just to oik out a little more life out of the clio mkII until next clio arives.

phill*