ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 temperature gauge

Ph1 172 On ITB
My brother has recently got a Clio 182 and has a odd problem with it.

It seems to rev limit at 6800 all the time and according to the gauge runs fairly cold.

He could do a 25mile drive and it wouldnt say anymore than quarter on temperature

Now today he left it running for about 20miles and got it really hot till the fan kicked in, then took it out and it rev'd to 7200ish

Even doing a journey down the m1 it will only sit at a quarter on on the temp gauge.

Now ive been told it could be a problem with the sensor is self and the thermostat.

Has anyone have any views, or opinions or advice on this.

Cheer guys

225 meg, clio 172 ex
Ive got the same fault on mine atm, and im doing this, hopefully this weekend..

Thermostat change
Coolant temp sensor change
Full coolant flush and change

£21 each for sensors from cliospares and about £4 for coolant flush and £9 for some good coolant (concentrate)

Should do it mate.

Ph1 172 On ITB
Ive got the same fault on mine atm, and im doing this, hopefully this weekend..

Thermostat change
Coolant temp sensor change
Full coolant flush and change

£21 each for sensors from cliospares and about £4 for coolant flush and £9 for some good coolant (concentrate)

Should do it mate.

Im going to pop up to clio spares this week and get another temp sensor, thermostat im going to get from a local motor factors,

just noticed your from Chesterfield too,

225 meg, clio 172 ex
Im going to pop up to clio spares this week and get another temp sensor, thermostat im going to get from a local motor factors,

just noticed your from Chesterfield too,

Well dronfield tbh lol....

Cool if you go i might make the journey with ya mate, need to get the same stuff...

:)

Ph1 172 On ITB
Well dronfield tbh lol....

Cool if you go i might make the journey with ya mate, need to get the same stuff...

:)

HAHA not a million miles way

Yeah sure buddy thats cool with me, think im going up in the week so that i can get it sorted over the weekend,