ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 vs Civic Type R

178hp 172 Cup
has anyone got any vid clips of standard 172 / 182 racing CTR's!!! a friend of mine has a CTR and i want to know jus how the 182 does up agains't it!! i am new on here so wouldn't hav seen older vids!! but a friend of mine in his std 172 cup did the CTR 3 times up the 1/4 mile at the pod earlier in the year!! 172 cups are quicker than 182's i thnink!!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Ok it breaks down like this.....................................use search at the top of the forum! I've been here 5 1/2 years, it's been done a thousand times, at least!

haha wooooooooooo yea burn baby done a ctr 2 years ago in my cup he claimed his sound system was weighing the car down haha

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
ctr are slower than 172 cups anyway never had a prob with a type r

i miss my 172 cup def the fastest 2.0 clio

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
i've pulled away from two CTRs in my time with the cup ... and thats the only time I've ever raced them ......

CTR--VX220D
FFS!

I have a CTR and 172...... they are more or less the same - the CTR pulled away more when the 172 was std.

My 172 now rips it apart now it has been gutted and fettled with.

Please close the thread now for my sanity.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
FFS!

I have a CTR and 172...... they are more or less the same - the CTR pulled away more when the 172 was std.

My 172 now rips it apart now it has been gutted and fettled with.

Please close the thread now for my sanity.

how can you race them at the same time??? lol

Impreza P1
CTR's maybe slower than a 172 Cup but only the 172 Cup, plus the fact CTR's are more modable, better build quality and have more options than the Cup you have to weigh up the differences.

If i could afford it I think it'd be Honda everytime.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol, imo CTR better build quality all tht s**t, but clio's are more diverse, oh great a silver CTR a black CTR, but with clio's theres mint colours, and more variety etc etc.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
has anyone got any vid clips of standard 172 / 182 racing CTR's!!! a friend of mine has a CTR and i want to know jus how the 182 does up agains't it!! i am new on here so wouldn't hav seen older vids!! but a friend of mine in his std 172 cup did the CTR 3 times up the 1/4 mile at the pod earlier in the year!! 172 cups are quicker than 182's i thnink!!

For the love of christ do a search.

LY 200
Lol, am i missing something here??

You lot ripping the thread apart when all the starter did was posted a vid up of a 172 and Civic going at it!?

Unless its been edited i cant see where the starters asking the which is better question!? :S

VaVa
Cup will be quicker sub 100mph, CTR will nail it above that.

and standard, the fastest 2.0 Clio is the Williams

*cough*bullshit*cough*

Ah sorry - You meant Williams Clio standard didn't you? ;)

172 Cup is quickest. Best recorded standard times.

As father and son....
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah172cupblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahomgitweighsmoreblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbread vanblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahtwistiesblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahstraightlineblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Cup will be quicker sub 100mph, CTR will nail it above that.

*cough*bulls**t*cough*

best recorded where, on a stop watch, or some biased drivel filled Reno published article in Evo? I'm on about those REAL WORLD tests where REAL PEOPLE drive them down the 1/4 mile to see which is quickest and we all know how that one goes dont we? :rasp:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You lot wanna see what would happen if the civic driver counted down.......the counter always always has the advantage. Also the ctr was 2 up..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
blah blah blah he wasnt trying blah blah, ive had a blatt with one, nip and tuck imo, i couldnt gat past him (ctr with zorst, me 172 cup, standard) nor could he get past me

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Swings, roundabouts. It's like saying a chicken is better than a turkey.

LY 200

just to add a bit spice to the thread!!! lol

Or bullshit but then where 2.0 mk 1's are concerned mr jesus is good at that!!! ;)

Said that though most mk 1 boys in general seem to be good at adding bullshite to a thread.......Both of my low milaged 1.8 and 2.0 engines must have been to a poor standard me thinks!!! Lol

Thats spice at its best ;)

LY 200
*cough*bulls**t*cough*

best recorded where, on a stop watch, or some biased drivel filled Reno published article in Evo? I'm on about those REAL WORLD tests where REAL PEOPLE drive them down the 1/4 mile to see which is quickest and we all know how that one goes dont we? :rasp:

Yeah but am i right by saying most of the mk 1's that go down the 1/4 are virtually stripped to the bare metal where as most people with the newer cars like to keep the interior in the car rather than in the garagel!?

Hardly standard plus if were willing to blag on forums then were bound to be willing to blag about whether the car thats going up the 1/4 is standard or not arnt we!? ;)