ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 vs Civic Type R

Surely a 172Cup is identical straight line pace to a 182 or 182Cup? Only the FF MII 172 is slower, and even then not by much...;)

best recorded where, on a stop watch, or some biased drivel filled Reno published article in Evo? I'm on about those REAL WORLD tests where REAL PEOPLE drive them down the 1/4 mile to see which is quickest and we all know how that one goes dont we? :rasp:

Yeah but am i right by saying most of the mk 1's that go down the 1/4 are virtually stripped to the bare metal where as most people with the newer cars like to keep the interior in the car rather than in the garagel!?

Hardly standard plus if were willing to blag on forums then were bound to be willing to blag about whether the car thats going up the 1/4 is standard or not arnt we!? ;)

Most aren't no, think you must be thinking of Martin's and applying it to all of them. Look at the times they get, it's not rocket science... even YOU should be able to work it out. And no one goes down the 1/4 mile with a standard car, MK2 owners included, so get real.

I left the interior in my Williams and in standard trim and it whooped the s**t out of 172/182's, fact, not fiction, so yeah, I'd say yours must have been a shitter. My Willy engine was on 24k, miles make a difference

VaVa
*cough*bulls**t*cough*

Ah sorry - You meant Williams Clio standard didn't you? ;)

172 Cup is quickest. Best recorded standard times.

best recorded where, on a stop watch, or some biased drivel filled Reno published article in Evo? I'm on about those REAL WORLD tests where REAL PEOPLE drive them down the 1/4 mile to see which is quickest and we all know how that one goes dont we? :rasp:

Standard Cups have pulled 14.5 on the 1/4 mile. RichD and Chris n' Nics I believe.

I don't recall a STANDARD Williams ever doing that. Correct me if I'm wrong though!!

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
Cool cheers mate, i thought it was that citroen thing for a minute then 'and was thinking i've pissed over loads of them!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Standard Cups have pulled 14.5 on the 1/4 mile. RichD and Chris n' Nics I believe.

I don't recall a STANDARD Williams ever doing that. Correct me if I'm wrong though!!

Neither were stnd.....

VaVa
RichD's was. Unless of course he was lying. lol. It only had a few thousand on the clock too iirc.

I'm not sure what magic dust they sprinkled on these Williams but a car with 156 bhp/ton standard isn't going to beat a 14.5!!

I'm not trying to insinuate that they are slow, far from it - and they certainly respond well to mods etc - but standard they are unremarkable in a straight line.

And I've never understood why 90% of the owners of one of the finest handling FWD cars of all time only harp on about what it can do in a straight line!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
RichD's was. Unless of course he was lying. lol. It only had a few thousand on the clock too iirc.

No it was'nt....he did 15.0 totally stnd.....14.4 with viper & rear stripped out...ask him. I think you are mistaken....

I agree with you about the 172 cup being fastest btw

LY 200
Yeah but am i right by saying most of the mk 1's that go down the 1/4 are virtually stripped to the bare metal where as most people with the newer cars like to keep the interior in the car rather than in the garagel!?

Hardly standard plus if were willing to blag on forums then were bound to be willing to blag about whether the car thats going up the 1/4 is standard or not arnt we!? ;)

Most aren't no, think you must be thinking of Martin's and applying it to all of them. Look at the times they get, it's not rocket science... even YOU should be able to work it out. And no one goes down the 1/4 mile with a standard car, MK2 owners included, so get real.

I left the interior in my Williams and in standard trim and it whooped the s**t out of 172/182's, fact, not fiction, so yeah, I'd say yours must have been a s**tter. My Willy engine was on 24k, miles make a difference

And my willy engine was on 48k when it went in with documented history so it wasnt a thrashed high miler either. :rolleyes:

Same go's for my 1.8 16v engine, bought on 83k but i didnt get the impression that was a rocket like the ones with the fairys on here and wc would have you believe. Iv never said the 172/182 are rockets but they are better than standard mk1's fact!!!

Me get real?? I think you sir need to take your own advice maybe!!! ;)