ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 VS Megane F1 R26

M140i
Rolling start at motorway speeds the clio would have no chance. Not so much in it to 60 from experience

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
About right, see what the R26 does to a golf gti
[YOUTUBE]wKSqVJy1XVU[/YOUTUBE]

Volvo S60 T5
having owned both, clio is slow compared to the megane.
Just had mine RR'd on a dyno dynamics made 250bhp with 250lbft torque running 1 bar of boost.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Once the megane is rolling it will destroy a clio but standing start evens it out. But once up to speed megane will be away.

clio 172 cup
wey if we are talking standard vs standard then ive raced 1 of the 1st 225's upto 60mph then around a roundabout and i do beleive he nearly crashed taking the roundabout plus we were level up to it but cause the megane after 60mph will walk it

b/g 182, meg tourer
rolling start above 50mph... the meg will kill the clio.
standing start... fairly even until 60ish then the meg pulls away comfotably.

no supprise really

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Depends on model of sport megane, my mate has a 05 trophy which beats my 172 cup after about 110 mph but f1s in my experience are equal to my car have been up against a few.

clio 172 cup
theres only 5bhp difference in the megane models doubt theres going to be a difference in straight line performance.
and brasseye u are talking about the mk4 150bhp we are talking about mk5 197bhp about 7secs to 60

Astra SRI/ Hornet
theres only 5bhp difference in the megane models doubt theres going to be a difference in straight line performance.
and brasseye u are talking about the mk4 150bhp we are talking about mk5 197bhp about 7secs to 60

it says 182 on the thread which has same performance as 172. and every car is different regardless of power claims. You ever actually raced another Renault. 197 are just as fast as 172 and 182 as my mate who is on this forum has a f1 197.

Ok GTi,s must have got a lot faster they were 0 to 60 in 8 seconds a few years ago

The mk4s maybe, but they weren't fit to wear the GTI badge.

The MK5s totally different, more power and with dsg will hit 60 in 7.

add in plenty of torque, and they'll easily keep up with a 182 on the open road.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iirc mylifemyphones R26 was remapped, so running 260bhp or so v the 182 with around 80bhp, so on a rolling start i dont see what the big surprise is?

clio 172 cup
it says 182 on the thread which has same performance as 172. and every car is different regardless of power claims. You ever actually raced another Renault. 197 are just as fast as 172 and 182 as my mate who is on this forum has a f1 197.

a 197 will keep close to a 182,172 cup but it will not be neck and neck check your power to weight stats

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
a 197 will keep close to a 182,172 cup but it will not be neck and neck check your power to weight stats

Hence why they have a 6 speed gearbox with lower ratios, helps haul the higher wieght along at a very similar speed.

They wouldnt make the 197 slower than the previous model 182, but also no faster as thats where the Megane comes in.

clio 172 cup
so the 197 is 230kg heavier than my cup(about the weight as 3adults) and has less than 30bhp more. upto 100mph a clio 172-182cup will beat a 197 if only by a couple car lengths.

Black Gold Trophy
Hence why they have a 6 speed gearbox with lower ratios, helps haul the higher wieght along at a very similar speed.

They wouldnt make the 197 slower than the previous model 182, but also no faster as thats where the Megane comes in.

why not? the new civic type R is slower than the old one!
I've had a couple of encounters with 197s and in all honesty given them a proper good run for their money, but never would I have been able to judge which was f@ster as on public roads it is difficult to judge.
Anyway back to R26s, they are bound to pull away from 182s in straight line, never mind the bhp, just think about all the extra torque the turbo produces!

R26/200 Raider
The Megane R26 is quicker in a straight line but not by a great deal until you hit three figures then the difference is quite noticeable as people have said. However the the Meganes trump card is the ability to carry speed out of corners that will shame most machinery with a lot more power. You have to drive one to really appreciate the silly speeds achievable through the twistys.