ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 F1

Hello not entirely sire if this is the right place.

Basically I'm selling my fiesta ST value about 6200.

I've been offered a Clio 197 F1 in grey, has all the extras, but has 90,000 miles, had a belt change at 80,000.

First off what's it worth?

Secondly should I be worried about those Miles?

Thirdly anything I should look for when inspecting it?

Thanks guys

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Then I wouldnt worry too much about miles, only reselling might be harder which is why they are trying to px.. PX at trade price ;)

172, Tiguan
Your Fiesta will appeal to a very limited audience and an F1 at around £6k is good value to me. I'd be biting his hand off.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
4k PX that -
2200 on top-

You will need to check the gearbox / Steering rack + general steering feel / Brakes -

The A/C will need checking & the seats will be falling to bits.

Ebay it for 4k.

172, Tiguan
If you assume the gearboxes and seats are fcuked in all of them then you've obviously been looking at the wrong cars. That's the second negative MK3 post you've made today.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Its not a negative MK3 post-its reality.

I made a joke in the other thread- lighten up.

^^ look at my post check the gearbox.... -- & yes the seats will have had it unless they have been retrimmed, I don't know ANY F1 that's got its recaros on the original cloth covers post 60k.

He asked what to expect, - On a 90k 197 that's exactly what to check. If it was a 10k Clio 200 Id still say check the gearbox. because they are the most vulnerable part of the car. & the Steering rack- look at all the suspension threads on 197.net-

I love F1s ive sold enough of them, however there are very specific common problems- all listed above.

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Possibly-

Or probably protecting the interest of the forum-

On the topic of cambelt- Check that the auxillary belt kit was changed & the water pump-

Kangoo all F1s have recaros ;) -

S

172, Tiguan
I'm well aware of 197 problems. My current one is slightly over 60k and has had none of the problems you mention. I'd agree it's well worth checking for them, but to assume every car has them is a little unfounded.

Protecting the interest of the forum? No, it's part of my job to read the threads on here. I take a keen interest to the threads that talk about cars I own so i'm more inclined to read them as well.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
No Probs-

The post last night was in jest-

I think if yours has none of the faults then testimony to your ownership-
From the appearance of the thread though & the fact that's its being offered into a private sale *MAY* indicate that the person perhaps hasn't been as enthusiastic on ownership as you- as yours certainly bucks the trend for the main crop of cars.

Either way an easy one to check on inspecting the car.

The price, whilst seeming a little low will still sell the car even with the above mentioned faults being a part of this particular car with the exception of the gearbox.
S

172, Tiguan
If I may, I think it's luck more than anything. My wife's had a new gearbox at 26k. lol. You may well find at 90k it's fine and dandy because it's already been swapped out.

They're Recaro CS aren't they? I have never seen a tatty set of CS in the modified world, but thanks for the infor chaps,

If there's anything else to look at, even the smallest thing then please post, I can use it as leverage in the deal.

It will be sad to see my ST go though, I've put in so much work lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If the air con isn't working is may be expensive as its not always a regas.

Alloys should be anthracite in colour- check for corrosion & kerbing-
Tyres would be contis- but obviously being changed a few times who knows.

Steering wheel peeling is common as well.
S

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Reading this puts me off them, I hardly see positive stuff about 197 and 200's, does anyone actually like them on here? Dude for the Cheddar sell the ST as they are genuine crap and get a Trophy, you'll get mint for £5.5 with sachs refurbed.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
easy way to check- ask for the plaque number as they were all individually numbered 1-500.
( wheels may have been refurbed - as is a common thing after a few years)

Audi A5
Or had speedlines fitted as they seem to be the sort after wheels, and they come in black as standard.

is their a add for this 197?

Tom the 911 Can wait this well be fun too. I have one photo but I'm on my phone atm.

it's number 328 and it's from Salisbury, anyone know it?

This is the car
543412_10151656214994302_84698191_n.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
That's a good spec-
It has Xenons & the full Aero kit.

I would up the PX to £4750 on that. ( assuming the points to check are fine ) - nimbus is a nice looking colour.