ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Remap Nearly Ready!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
But need a car to test on ;)

All work will be done via diagnostic port

Cheers

Paul

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
west end garage
cross end garage
cross cliff road
hyde park
leeds
l26 2dr
;)
contactus.html

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ok if all goes well i have a test car coming next friday. We are meeting at the dyno to get some before and afters. I estimate 10hp and 10lbft but we will see

Paul

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^optimistic eh paul!

To be fair i travelled from Glasgow to leeds and bak for the map...

that's only 5% though Ali, more than do-able I reckon... still be slow though, dont they weigh about as much as a Ford F-150?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^challenger 2 tank! ;) (Sorry sebaroo)

I got about 20bhp from inlets, headwork, maxogen, decat and zorst. But to be fair the last 2 do bugger all.

When paul did mine i've got 2 distinct power bands, Kind of like ChrisnNic's when i drove his. Comes on at 3.8k then 5k. Rite through to 7.8k. :)

F-150, Challenger Tank... what's the difference, same kerb weight lol

Remap was all that was missing from the Willy when I had that really, pretty good gains though on yours. Never realised you have headwork too?

Yeah noticed on Chris' how it bucks like a mule from low down, mine was missing that kick until I had my sensors replaced then it found 40lbs of torque at the wheels at 2500rpm, but it feels quicker again after more recent fettling...

7.8k too? f**king hell, my limits not even that high

Nippy white cup
7.8k..pah...mine used to be 8k in 4th lol ;)

Still weird having my limit at 7.2 in most gears but seeing as it pulls so well from lower revs now it doesn't really matter

Chris

probably safer on the engine too, I think 8'300rpm is about the limit of the crank, 8k might be pushing the BE a bit much though... lol

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ok, had the 197 in today just to get a read off the ECU. All went ok, got the file and now working on my first 197 mod file :D.

The only pain is going to be when we go to the dyno as you can't read/write the ecu via CAN-BUS if the coolant temp is above 50 degrees!!!!!

Paul

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
7.8k..pah...mine used to be 8k in 4th lol ;)

Still weird having my limit at 7.2 in most gears but seeing as it pulls so well from lower revs now it doesn't really matter

Chris

PMSL! hence why you were on your 2nd engine! Ya MUFFFFF!!!!